Mosaic Boston Condos | 80-82 Fenwood Road | Longwood

FK4

Reaction score
Previous updates on this found here, perhaps they could be moved to this thread as it deserves its own...

Core is going up now. No pics, but here's some additional renders:
6a00e00989e0fb883301b7c779d75d970b-500wi

teaserbox_7104171.jpg

RTHFrontDoor

RTHLandscape

rth-building1.jpg

Edit - in the last pic theyve pretty cleverly allowed the ivy to cover a third of the building... I dont have high hopes for this thing, it's gonna be a big yellow monolith and there's a zero percent chance RTH or whoever manages this behemoth will ever let ivy grow all over it... We'll be lucky if we get landscaping any better than cedar chips and yew bushes.

Re: Roxbury Tenants of Harvard Residential Building, 80-82 Fenwood Road

Nothing says urban like a fence.

^ It's the fence from the old Mass Mental. Im sure it will end up staying because it's "historic" or some other BS reason...

^^^ It's not ivy, it's the tree leaves from the foreground. They have a shadow for the tree, but they made the leaves transparent to the point that the windows are popping blue and it looks as if it's ivy.

^^^ It's not ivy, it's the tree leaves from the foreground. They have a shadow for the tree, but they made the leaves transparent to the point that the windows are popping blue and it looks as if it's ivy.

DSH -- I thought that it must be ivy ... because well its Haaaaaaahvd afta ahlll :cool:

Last edited:

Fenwood Road @ Brookline Ave is in Roxbury?

On the site plan, the fence is described as historic, and part of it helps enclose a play area for daycare.

This is off topic but I don't see a thread for it. What's the project near Melnea cass and tremont st? Not NU cuz i don't think that goes right up to tremont st. It's right on tremont, I dont think I've seen anything around here for it

This is off topic but I don't see a thread for it. What's the project near Melnea cass and tremont st? Not NU cuz i don't think that goes right up to tremont st. It's right on tremont, I dont think I've seen anything around here for it

You mean just inbound from melnea on the north side of Tremont? Thats under the roxbury developments thread, as is, I believe, the other Tremont street project further in on the other side of Tremont.

Stellar, roxbury used to include all of back/South Bay. In the 70s Mission Hill and the (then much smaller) LMA was more commonly considered roxbury.. The RTH have a long history and basically came to exist to fight harvard and the hospitals' destruction of the fenwood subneighborhood of mission hill, itself a neighborhood of Roxbury.

I've posted a few times on the shrinking of what the public calls Roxbury - due to negative imagery evoked by the name, we've seen the south end and Jp get bigger and bigger, and mission hill become its own neighborhood (some people ask if its part of Jp)... Due to Columbus ave and melnea cass being the wide road barriers that they are, these have become a convenient barrier to gentrification and a demarcation line in many younger and newer people's minds about where the boundaries are. It was not always the case.

Sorry about the variation in capitalization, I'm writing on the stupid phone which autocorrects half of what I write...

Mosaic Boston Condos | Riverway | Longwood

I was driving down Brookline Avenue today and saw steel rising on a site at the intersection with the Riverway. The construction sign said "Mosaic Boston Condos." Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall seeing anything about this project here.

I looked it up on line and it is a project by RTH (Roxbury Tenants of Harvard). The project's website is here and you can view the BCDC presentation for the project here.

Re: Mosaic Boston Condos | Riverway | Longwood

Roxbury Tenants of Harvard has a thread on here somewhere...this will be an awesome addition though. Really has quite a street presence.

Re: Mosaic Boston Condos | Riverway | Longwood

Roxbury Tenants of Harvard has a thread on here somewhere...this will be an awesome addition though. Really has quite a street presence.

Correct. It's on this thread.
Roxbury Tenants of Harvard Residential Building, 80-82 Fenwood Road

I don't think this developer knows what "mosaic" means...

Don't know about that....Looks like there is one occupied floor for each Commandment. Pick your own sin themed address.

Back