Munich and Dachau

Wow, so much graffiti, but I really like the graffiti in the underpass.
I'm surprised the bike lanes are so narrow, but I guess that's why we don't think of Germany as a premier city bike country.
I'm amazed a station could have that many lines running into it. Sure tells you what Germany's transportation priorities were.
Having a tower crane base straddle a road lane is just awesome!

How was the Hafbrau dark?

Narrow? I guess I'm too accustomed to the UK, where infra is largely shit. The bike lanes in Munich were largely off-street and protected, but some of them were a rather old fashioned design that could use updating.

Munich S-Bahn seems to operate 7 branches each every 20 minutes on 2 tracks through the center. The rest was yard+approach tracks for Munich Hauptbahnhof. Lots of freight here and there too -- electric BTW.

The beer was excellent. I think that liter glass cost 8 euro. HBH is of course a tourist mecca, but we decided to stop there anyway for a drink.

Great photos! I'll be there in September with some friends. I've been to Munich twice before, once as a 17 y/o high school senior and then again in 2006 on my way to attend a wedding in Stuttgart. I was solo on my 2006 trip and feeling a little shy, so other than a day trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, I didn't do much more than walk around the City, sight see during the day and grab food at the Hauptbahnhof, etc (though as an avid swimmer, I did enjoy a good workout at the Olympic Pool in the Olympiapark). This time, since I'll be with friends (and it will be during Oktoberfest), so I think there'll be more of an incentive to do things I missed on my prior trips. Any must sees that you can recommend?

^ My recommendation is go see the BMW factory. It's pretty dope. Then just be sure to walk around the Marienplatz area in the evening, drink in the culture. Find a street band and take a listen.

I have a 1 day 12 hour layover there coming up. Any suggestions for a quick trip in the city?

Back