SUPERCEDED MXD | Kendall Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign is up:

image1.png

That orange is a very powerful accent color. Changes the whole aesthetic of the building.

That orange is a very powerful accent color. Changes the whole aesthetic of the building.
It's pretty much the first time I've seen orange being used tastefully- it's usually a half assed attempt to blend in with brick and terra cotta.

I'm betting that there is some Google money helping all this along
Google is subleasing the old Akamai space while their new tower is under construction -- and a lot of the work on the new tower depends on Google vacating some spaces in the existing building next door along with the one being demolished
So -- Google gives a push to get Akamai out and them in sooner

Ah yes, just like when I worked there, they want to make sure you don't forget what company you work for. I'll have to sweet-talk one of my ex-coworkers into giving me a tour after they move in.

Not a criticism, but the sign gives it a very Silicon Valley/San Jose look.

i wish their logo wasn't orange. Just not my flavor.
Signal Green on blue looks nice.

So I'm looking out from my apartment right now and the sign is lit up for the first time tonight. Even though there are plenty of other buildings with signage in Kendall Square, they are mostly 6-10 stories. Kind of striking to see that orange logo at night around 270' in the air.

Slightly off topic -- Wonder what the Verizon Logo on the Hub at Causeways going to look like -- could be up there with a very few at or near 500 ft

Slightly off topic -- Wonder what the Verizon Logo on the Hub at Causeways going to look like -- could be up there with a very few at or near 500 ft

That's more than "slightly" off-topic, given that the 'Hub at Causeways' (the only topic that your post is actually about) thread is actively being added to on a daily basis (as opposed to bumping this thread 6 weeks later).

That's more than "slightly" off-topic, given that the 'Hub at Causeways' (the only topic that your post is actually about) thread is actively being added to on a daily basis (as opposed to bumping this thread 6 weeks later).
Well -- since its a query related to something which is a currently very active project in the midst of a very active area -- and the Akamai is ready to roll according the the BBJ with a link to a bunch of internal and a few external images

Take a tour through Akamai’s new Kendall Square headquarters

Akamai Technologies is opening its new headquarters at 145 Broadway in Cambridge.
VIEW SLIDESHOW
34 photos

By Catherine Carlock – Real Estate Editor, Boston Business Journal
a day ago

The lobby of the new Kendall Square headquarters of Akamai Technologies Inc. doesn’t have a security desk. Rather, it will have greeters to welcome visitors and employees alike into the 19-story building. Dozens of twinkling LED light pendants hang from the ceiling beneath an abstract world map — representing every place on the globe where the internet giant has a server.
“It’ll be a very welcoming experience,” said Brian Murray, senior director of global real estate for Akamai, on a recent tour of the property.
Akamai (Nasdaq: AKAM) on Friday is scheduled to open the new headquarters, a 450,000-square-foot facility that will house around 2,000 employees. Akamai had spread to six offices throughout its home city of Cambridge, but has since consolidated to four, and will move in over four consecutive weekends.
Click through the gallery above to see inside Akamai's new headquarters.

I don't remember if Akamai is still keeping 150 Broadway in addition to the new building. When I still worked there I agitated for a zip line between the two, but nobody ever listens to me.
Or maybe they're just keeping that one room on the 8th floor so they can keep their logo on the building, since they sure are fond of it.

I don't remember if Akamai is still keeping 150 Broadway in addition to the new building. When I still worked there I agitated for a zip line between the two, but nobody ever listens to me.
Or maybe they're just keeping that one room on the 8th floor so they can keep their logo on the building, since they sure are fond of it.

They've sublet it to Google while 325 Main goes up.

They've sublet it to Google while 325 Main goes up.
Equilibria -- anyone know if the sublet -- lets Google have access to the sign as well?
It's going to be over a year and half until Google can move into the new Google Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back