MXD Residential Tower | 121 Broadway | Kendall Square

Yeah, it's an expansion of the Broad Institute into this building (which was formerly Biogen). Apparently the Broad is all-out gutting this thing (which wasn't even that old to begin with - 2015, maybe?). Likely due to their unique lab use needs.

Presented in a design review submittal to Cambridge Redev. Authority - "300 Binney St. - CRA Design Review"

Thats interesting. I know theyre doing essentially the same thing to that brutalist building over by ink block, plus the old hancock building in the seaport. I’m sure theres a couple others I’m not thinking of too.

Apparently the Broad is all-out gutting this thing (which wasn't even that old to begin with - 2015, maybe?). Likely due to their unique lab use needs.

It wasn't a lab building before, and they are completely retrofitting it to be a lab building. It was 5 floors of offices before, with ground level features like childcare and a gym.

IMG_4294.jpeg

The new pedestrian cut through on the left side of this image is amazing. Makes walking to Kendall a couple minutes faster. And you get a great view of the construction site!

Back