Neponset Wharf | 24 Ericsson Street | Dorchester

Equilibria

Reaction score
This has been discussed a few times in the Dorchester Infill thread over the years, but it's multiple buildings and deserves its own:

1616625745125.png

I dig the concept of those inset windows in the slanted roofs. I just hope the brick work turns out good.

BCDC (deals only with coastal resiliency):

I love that this includes a Harborwalk connection from Tenean Beach to the Dorchester Shores Reservation. Every one of these projects brings us one step closer to an uninterrupted Harborkwalk - Neponset Trail all the way from from Castle Island to Mattapan Square. With this step complete, the only remaining broken section will be along Savin Hill and the gas tank.

This really is a beautiful development regardless of issues with the river. They seriously did a great job designing this, I hope it ends up this way and that phase 2 is just as good.

Actually, it's an inlet of the harbor, the river is on the other side of Port Norfolk. I like the shape of the buildings but that's about it. Otherwise they look cheap. The parking lots remain largely intact and an opportunity to connect to the beach is lost.

"We need to repair our rivers."
We need to help them repair themselves. In this case the state and the feds have agreed that the Neponset between about Mattapan and here should be declared a superfund site. That means $$$ to remove PCBs left over from previous industry. However there is a backlog of sites but it's possible the money may come if Congress passes this latest budget.

Back