New-build classical architecture (evoking old styles)

Normally highly appreciative of the retro art deco look but something seems a bit one dimensional about this one — perhaps it’s setting in relative isolation to its surroundings.

Its definitely a cheap knockoff, in only a way texas could pull off.

Seems more PoMo Greek Revival than Deco to me, but what do I know?

Yea that isn't art-deco in the slightest. Definitely some weird Americanized POMO greek-revival horror show.

Awful.

Yea that isn't art-deco in the slightest. Definitely some weird Americanized POMO greek-revival horror show.

Awful.

The base looks like the first floor of the Hampton Inn that's down the street from me.

I don't really know how one looks at that things and concludes it's art deco. However, it does look incredibly on brand for Houston.

The base looks like the first floor of the Hampton Inn that's down the street from me.

I don't really know how one looks at that things and concludes it's art deco. However, it does look incredibly on brand for Houston.

By not really thinking about it at all and just pasting something. I realize the error now after the fact.

A really nice blend of neoclassical elements in a recently topped off residential building in St. Pete, FL:

Exterior+%281%29.jpg

The+Nolen+Topping+Out.jpg

The Nolen, St. Pete:
https://stpeterising.com/home/23-story-luxury-condo-tower-the-nolen-tops-out-downtown-st-pete

Back