North Washington St Bridge

So I'm guessing you just don't have a response to Stlin's point about this still being a WIP? It's understandable that this thing looked like it might have been finished given the glacial rate of work being done, but there's no reason to be combative.

(And, to others, I understand how trolling works, but I still choose to engage in good faith rather than cast insults back and forth endlessly)

1000014639.jpg
1000014643.jpg
1000014642.jpg

This report from TransitMatters made a huge glaring error in the statement about the 92 and the 93 buses in Charlestown. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QxTaz4gU_hCkSBSHbpBolLh949lUNs-I/view

There is no bus lane on the North Washington Street bridge (look at the picture above). The bus lane will not be ready for use until March 2025, nearly a year away from now, after BNRD phase 1 and the national/federal election in Nov. 2024.

In addition, despite the MBTA's improved hiring situation (down 180 vacancies in the past 8 months), the MBTA failed to reverse the July 2023 service cut for Charlestown routes in the Spring 2024 schedule rating. This means that the 92 and 93 will still only run as little as 50% of the pre-pandemic weekday schedule, which today's schedule has fewer trips than even the pre-COVID Saturday schedule. It is expected though the Orange Line slow zones will be alleviated by the fall, which is a near term improvement. The next schedule change for MBTA buses is June 16th, 2024.

Also, I do appreciate the rider's comment listed in the bottom right of TM's report, which accurately depects the situation in Charlestown. The Orange Line is essentially cut off from the neighborhood, meaning the 92 and 93 buses are the lifeblood of Charlestown and the foundation for multimodal transportation within the area. The bike lanes on the new bridge will not be ready until March 2025, and won't immediately extend directly into the neighborhood even after finished (The Ruthorford Ave redesign is years away and that only goes to Sullivan, not the Navy Yard or Main St.).

1712860800186.png

Back