North Washington St Bridge

real_EthanHunt

Reaction score
I dont remember a period of time when the temporary bridge with sidewalk was opened and the stairs werent.

North Shore

Reaction score
Not to drift too far from the debacle with the bridge construction, but does anyone know how long the N. Washington/LoveJoy Wharf stairs have been open? When I stopped at Night Shift last summer, they were still closed. I just happened to notice during some b-roll footage prior to a Celtics game last week that the stairs were open and being heavily used.
I used them back in the fall when I was walking around before a Bruins game.

goldenretrievers

Reaction score
North Washington Street Bridge Construction Look-Ahead to June 11

This is a brief overview of construction operations and impacts for the North Washington Street Bridge Replacement Project. MassDOT will provide additional notices as needed for high-impact work and changes to traffic configurations beyond those described below.

Holiday

• There will be no work scheduled work on Monday, 5/30 in recognition of Memorial Day

Scheduled Work

• North abutment (Charlestown side near Chelsea Street) – rebar repair and installation

• South abutment (North End side) – concrete repair

• Utility work on Charles River Avenue

• Forming and pouring concrete elements at City Square

Work Hours

• Most work will be done during weekday daytime hours (6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)

HenryAlan

Reaction score
Scheduled Work

• North abutment (Charlestown side near Chelsea Street) – rebar repair and installation

• South abutment (North End side) – concrete repair

• Utility work on Charles River Avenue

• Forming and pouring concrete elements at City Square
It's really depressing to see the word repair show-up, not once, but twice, on a description of new construction activities.

BostonObserver

Reaction score
This was last weeks notice.

Construction Look-Ahead: June 26 – July 09, 2022
……
HOLIDAY

There will be no work done during the weekend of July 4th
SCHEDULED WORK

Forming the East bike barrier at the northern approach (Charlestown workzone)
Install rebar for the bike barrier
Install electrical boxes in the location of the bike barrier

BeyondRevenue

Reaction score
It's really depressing to see the word repair show-up, not once, but twice, on a description of new construction activities.
Context is everything.
The new (hotness) design will connect to the pretty (old hotness) granite abutments, but they're a little shaky and need some beef.
I'd be more worried if the word repair shows up when we're talking about spans, tubs, welds, or pilings.
Slowly, surely this will get done... and thankfully it's not getting done at a Spanish pace!

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
Context is everything.
The new (hotness) design will connect to the pretty (old hotness) granite abutments, but they're a little shaky and need some beef.
I'd be more worried if the word repair shows up when we're talking about spans, tubs, welds, or pilings.
Slowly, surely this will get done... and thankfully it's not getting done at a Spanish pace!
The old N. Washington St. Bridge was built about the same time as the Longfellow Bridge, which was recently completely repaired and refurbished. I look at this N. Wash project as similar to the Longfellow project, with obviously a lot more replacement than the Longfellow, but still having major components of the old bridge's approaches (walls, etc.) that need to be refurbished.