Okay, so who here wants to disect this? Part II: The "Boyfriend" Destroyer

Mayor Menino's Crohn's

Reaction score
What a difference a day makes. I just went from hero to zero and now hero-in-training. If you guys don't want to read the entire thread, it's simple:

How to steal a woman away from another guy

First off, thank you guys so much for you help. No, I don't have a lot of confidence in myself (especially right now). And yes you all know what I am about to say.

We went out. It didn't work out. But she invited me to her gig this weekend because she wanted to give things another shot.

So, I buy her a drink, she plays her set, and this is where it gets tricky. And everything was going perfectly, and then there was an akward moment, where we held hands, and as we both went in for the kiss, she quickly turned her cheek and out of the blue mentioned that she had a boyfriend. Of course, it's a lie (or so I think). You don't put single on facebook, and then expect to have people think that you're in a relationship. Secondly, the way that she put it was seemingly a defense mechanism.

So, I sent her a fb message. I got it all of my chest in this message.

"*****,

I am so sorry for what I tried to do earlier tonight. My emotions got the best of me, and yet, my feelings were wrong. We had a professional relationship up until now, and it should've stay that way.

If you don't respond, delete this message, show it off to ****, laugh it off, show it to your friends, or all of the above, I don't blame you. I would do the same thing for what I am about to say.

Two weeks ago, when I interviewed you for the newspaper, I assumed that I was just going for anoher Q&A. I was wrong. I fell for you. But not as a performer. Maybe it was my Aspergers that got me all excited. Maybe it wasn't. Yet, even though we knew each other for less than two weeks, I somehow felt this power that you had over me, that I had never had before. I guess that I was smitten.

Assuming that you read this far, I certainly wasn't going to show you what I had written to myself. I bought myself a blank stationery card with a black lab on the cover the other day, and I wrote all my feelings down, as if I was sending it to you.

So, now that it doesn't matter, I just wanted to show you what I had written.

I wish you the best in love and life. I will always remember you. Just not as a performer.

"*****

If today was my last day on earth, and I had one day for the rest of my life to tell you how I felt, it would be this.

I would love to be your man. Not a fanboy, but your one and only. If I were yours, I would wait up for you at 2 AM or later after you've come home from gigging, just so that I could hear about your day.

There's no rhyme or reason as to why I feel this way, or why I gravitate to you. I just do.

If music is first in your life, then I want to be second. When you're touring, or you have a music therapy session, I want to be the person who takes care of things, the apartment, ****** (her Dog). All to help you live out your dreams. No strings attached. No questions asked.

The road can be a lonely place at times. But, my hope is that I can be your physical and emotional backbone while you're out on tour. And when you come home, I'll be there. Promise."

:)

I told one of my friends, and he actually told this girl via facebook that what she did was fucked up.

I get home from covering an event, and I actually check to see if this guy does exist. And unfortunately, she is semi-right. She is casually seeing this guy. But as I look at his profile, I take a look at him and HIS band and one one thing crosses my mind.

"I WILL STEAL HIS GIRLFRIEND RIGHT INTO MY ARMS IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS."

And that's where I am at. From, "What city am I going to live in?" to "How am I going to get this kid out of the picture relationship wise?" I've decided that I am not going to run from my troubles and move. I will just steal "his woman." I don't know this kid, and already I am laughing because he is a loser. I don't want to like physically hurt the kid. I just want to give ***** another option.

Has anyone ever been in this position where they've had to steal a chick away? What advice besides "move on, you blew it," can anyone give?

Re: Okay, so who here wants to disect this? Part II: The "Boyfriend" Destroyer

Here's the rundown:

And yet, I am so scared right now

Bad news:

She is casually seeing someone.

Good news:

He's a douche, ugly, and his band sounds like a blatant ripoff of radiohead.

Better news:

I have made the choice to steal her away from him. It will take some time. And it'll be an art that I'll have to learn. But I will do it. There is no stopping me. Obviously without harassing and pestering, I will be casual in doing this.

This is quickly blowing up to something bigger than I'd ever expected from the original thread/post. Good luck with everything.

And if all else fails, you should sell this story to Hollywood.

Or man up and realize there are a million other women out there? Go out more, meet more people.

As my office manager (a woman) would say: FIND YOUR BALLS!

Assuming you won't listen to the jaded likes of Van, I think you have two options.

1) Continue sending her creepy facebook messages until she ditches her current fling. Rationale: she obviously knew you were a bit of a creeper before, and yet still held your hand, showed interest, and seemed torn about you versus her current relationship. Continue to be your slightly creepy and overbearing self and she should continue to fall for you as this is clearly what she likes.

2) Retract your recent facebook message by feigning drunkenness at the time ("OMG i cant beleeeeev wt i rote lol i didnt remmbr rotfl,,, pls still u be my freind?? <3" Rationale: that mesage was somewhat creepy, dood, and if you can get off the hook for having sent it then you might be better off.

Anyway, those are two very different ways of going with this. Just ideas.

Assuming you won't listen to the jaded likes of Van, I think you have two options.

1) Continue sending her creepy facebook messages until she ditches her current fling. Rationale: she obviously knew you were a bit of a creeper before, and yet still held your hand, showed interest, and seemed torn about you versus her current relationship. Continue to be your slightly creepy and overbearing self and she should continue to fall for you as this is clearly what she likes.

2) Retract your recent facebook message by feigning drunkenness at the time ("OMG i cant beleeeeev wt i rote lol i didnt remmbr rotfl,,, pls still u be my freind?? <3" Rationale: that mesage was somewhat creepy, dood, and if you can get off the hook for having sent it then you might be better off.

Anyway, those are two very different ways of going with this. Just ideas.
Thanks Shep. I'm not sure about #1. But #2 might work. Or, I could do this.

As of last night, I cut off all contact with her. Unless it's for professional reasons, I will not speak with her until May 1st when she gets back from her apartment tour of the South. I would show you all this kids band, but obviously for reasons of anonimity, I can't.

In the meantime, between focusing on my life, job and future apartment in the Boston area, I will need plenty of help to set up this thug. Expose his band. Get to know who he is and when the time comes, make it so that his true colors show.

It's time to take out the trash my friend.

Dude. She sounds all "complicated". And like a pain in the ass.

Unless she is a drop dead 10 AND is worth 8 or 9 figures, go find someone who doesn't suffer from the pain and embarassment of crainial-rectal misalignment.

If you haven't seen this film, you absolutely should. Your story is eerily similar.

A surprisingly good movie, too.
A little far fetched...but somewhat similar...Thanks though

What I am seriously going to do, is to cut off all communication or at least until May, focus on my own life, and when she comes back up here, I will tell her that I was sorry for the way I acted. Why not start a clean slate? If it's okay, I would like to be just a friend and a confidant.

In the meantime, I have to have to private expose this trash boyfriend of hers. I will need to come up with a plan to expose him for who he really is.

OK. I am officially disgusted.
Apologize? For what? She isn't even your girlfriend, you are getting nothing, and you are writing this whole plan around this chick?
Time to put your fishing pole into a new watering hole. There are so many chicks out there looking for some action. So don't waste your time getting all melancholy poetic about it.
I'm telling you now: it isn't worth your time!

Last edited:

Toby is right. Go after another girl, or atleast don't limit options. You'd stand a better chance of getting this girl if you got w/ someother girl first. Girls are retards like this, if they see you w/ another girl or find out about it (in a casual way), suddenly they find you more appealing. Women are very competative w/ each other. Exploit that fact. Also the key isn't to make her bf look bad so much as it's to make yourself look good. Just because you prooved her current boyfriend isn't worthy dosn't necessarily mean that you are. All and all I'd say move on to the next one. Shady starts usually have shady endings.

friends.png

Sorry but there's no chance whatsoever you're getting back with her after admitting you have Asperger's. That sends up a HUGE red flag to chicks and seriously, she just doesn't want you (anymore), forget about it and move on

Yeah and she's taken, so wait until she's not, or choose to act like a creep. Both choices have a pretty low success rate, though after your previous actions

forever+alone+face.png

plenty of fish. Just start living life and get her out of your mind.

Guys, seriously? Move on to new ponds? Take your fishing pole elsewhere? What, are you all a bunch of quitters???

What if Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles had listened when people said "Look dood, there are plenty of other careers out there, and many of them don't require sight half as much as..."

Did none of you read
engineimage.jpg

?

Yes, but in that story, the hill wasn't a sentient being that made it clear they didn't want to be, uh, climbed.

Sorry but there's no chance whatsoever you're getting back with her after admitting you have Asperger's. That sends up a HUGE red flag to chicks and seriously, she just doesn't want you (anymore), forget about it and move on
What if I told you that she works with kids who are Aspergers?

You'd stand a better chance of getting this girl if you got w/ someother girl first. Girls are retards like this, if they see you w/ another girl or find out about it (in a casual way), suddenly they find you more appealing. Women are very competative w/ each other. Exploit that fact. Also the key isn't to make her bf look bad so much as it's to make yourself look good.

I like your thinking. This is one of my options.

I think you really should move on too. It's not worth the battle of trying to steal someone away from a person you have feelings for. There are so many singles in this city. It may seem to suck being single at this very moment, but there are people out there that can instantly appreciate you for who you really are. You've just gotta go out and find them.

Edit: Re: above - She might be tolerant and understand people with Aspergers, but it doesn't necessarily mean she will be more inclined to date someone with it. It might be one factor, but there are many others that she is probably considering.

Back