Okay, so who here wants to disect this? Part III. you've got to be kidding me?

Mayor Menino's Crohn's

Reaction score
Facebook message I got earlier

no worries ****, you're all good in my book. no hard feelings whatsoever, and i appreciate your honesty. i'm flattered, but for right now, I'm currently not seeking any other relationship than the one I'm in.
sending a big hug, and gratitude for the nice interview. hoping you have a great bday this weekend too.

How should I respond?

I haven't responded to any of this because I've got no game, yet have somehow managed to do relatively well with the fairer sex. Whatever...

Life's a banquet, my friend. I suggest you put this pot on low, and microwave a burrito.

I haven't responded to any of this because I've got no game, yet have somehow managed to do relatively well with the fairer sex. Whatever...

Life's a banquet, my friend. I suggest you put this pot on low, and microwave a burrito.
You got game. You just to find it!

I like your saying. That's good advice.

But in the meantime, how should I respond?

I wouldn't respond with anything relationship-wise. You can definitely keep up applicable conversations/small talk with her though.

I wouldn't respond with anything relationship-wise. You can definitely keep up applicable conversations/small talk with her though.
Well that's my point. How do I respond safely/and with small talk?

Should I say "It's all good. I'm glad that were cool. Good luck this weekend with your gigs.

Just to let you know, if you ever need to talk to someone, I'm here."

Well that's my point. How do I respond safely/and with small talk?

Should I say "It's all good. I'm glad that were cool. Good luck this weekend with your gigs.

Just to let you know, if you ever need to talk to someone, I'm here."

Line 1 - good.
Line 2 - bad.

Fixed: It's all good. I'm glad that we're cool. Good luck this weekend with your gigs. Let me know how it goes! Stay in touch.

Facebook message I got earlier

How should I respond?

You should "respond" with dignified silence. She is politely saying she is flattered by your interest, but does not reciprocate.

So, leave it be. She knows you are interested, and if things change, she will reach out. Take one step more now, and you are toast forever.

You should "respond" with dignified silence. She is politely saying she is flattered by your interest, but does not reciprocate.

So, leave it be. She knows you are interested, and if things change, she will reach out. Take one step more now, and you are toast forever.
Fair enough...thanks

Facebook messaging (regular, not instant - that's fb chat) in general is weird and awkward. No one uses it.

Last edited:
Facebook messaging (regular, not instant - that's fb chat) in general is weird and awkward. No one uses it.

I'm confused, are you saying the "PM" system is weird? or the instant chat?

It sounds like your saying the PM system is weird, and everyone uses instant chat. But hardly anyone uses instant chat, it sucks so bad... I know people, myself included, who will use the static "PM" method even when online with the other person.

I don't do instant chat on fb because, when I am online, I am online at my pace. In other words, just because I don't talk to you on facebook on instant chat, doesn't mean that I don't like you. It just means that I am on for myself.

Case in point, I have friend who would IM me on AIM just to chat, but expected me to carry the conversation.

friend: sup

me: nm, just doing a report. whats up with you?

friend: nothing

me: okay then

I'm confused, are you saying the "PM" system is weird? or the instant chat?

It sounds like your saying the PM system is weird, and everyone uses instant chat. But hardly anyone uses instant chat, it sucks so bad... I know people, myself included, who will use the static "PM" method even when online with the other person.

I know instant chat is horrible and I'm not advocating it. I'm just stating that the PM system is weird. Everyone I know just uses Skype, WLM, or AIM to communicate. Idk, in my experience facebook messages have just been weird. It's either someone professing their love to you (seriously had this happen before) or someone sending you spam.

Then you have the good ol fashioned verbal communication too...

I know what you're saying about AIM though. I hate people that start a chat and expect you to carry conversation. It's like um, you IM'ed me.

I think this is a microgenerational thing. I never got used to the idea that Facebook developed a chat feature, and find it weird and slightly creepy. Much prefer messaging.

Then again, I hear the youngs prefer all things chat over even email. Why!? We liberated ourselves from having to give people our undivided attention on the phone...why throw it away?

Damn kids.

Likewise, I use the Facebook messaging feature all the time (to the extent that I recently emailed some friends and had to verify with them - via Facebook - that their email addresses were still valid). However, I've maybe once used the chat feature. The way I figure, I've got MSN and Skype (I don't think I've used AIM since I moved to Canada over four years ago). I don't need another chat program.

Continuing with that logic, I'm trying to make a more concerted effort to use my Gmail account more often instead of Facebook.

I just Stumbled Upon this tonight:

Overthinking it:

186.png

Credit: http://drawingboardcomic.com/index.php?comic=142

Back