Old John Hancock Tower

Patriots_1228

Reaction score
as it says in my signature, i make Boston buildings for simcity4 with a group of people over at Simtropolis.com. anyway, one of them is going to "BAT" (thats the term for making a sc4 building) the Old John Hancock Tower, but they are french so they need help getting pics. anyone have some good pics?

hows this?

old_hancock.jpg

I always thought it looked like someone had chopped off the top 2/3rds of the Empire State Building.

Thought this would be a good time to post these pics again. I think the original discussion was deleted.

And some bonus pictures:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess I'm completely clueless about something. (More than one thing ...)

Is the "Old John Hancock" building the entire building bordered by St James, Clarendon, Stuart, and Berkeley streets? I never stopped to think about it but now I realize the whole time I thought it was one building on that block, it appears to be two? Were they built at different times? The stone work is not consistent on the Clarendon and Berkeley sides.

Here's 197 Clarendon Street, just for kicks.

map.png

IMG_6835.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

IMG_6828.jpg

IMG_6827.jpg

IMG_6824.jpg

IMG_6823.jpg

The old Hancock Building is 200 Berkeley Street which is a separate building although it is attached at lobby level to 197 Clarendon (and both are attached to the Hancock Tower by underground tunnell). 197 Clarendon used to be a 3-4 story building then 3-4 more stories were added on to it.

There are some great old pics of both 200 Berkeley and 197 Clarendon somewhere on this forum.

Four C's?

Did someone fail modern roman numerals class?

No, there are some variations on Roman numerals and this is one of them.

Back