One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

I agree with you re: blue glass. I like that 1 Dalton went with dark grey glass (or whatever color you believe it to be. Some folks apparently think the JHT is green) rather than more blue, but I'm curious why "blue" or "mirrored" seem to be the only options embraced by developers when working with glass cladding (or grey, beige, brick-red, and brown for stone or panel cladding).

I'm not making the case for hot pink skyscrapers or aubergeine mid-rises, but there are other colors available to work with. How about a subtle green (like Parcel 12 ought to have been) or a peach/sunset hue here or there, maybe a tasteful splash of orange-ish?
I believe architects are trained the mirrored blue glass appeases the NIMBYs as it tends to "disappear" in the sky. (It also kills a lot of birds for the same reason.)

I agree with you re: blue glass. I like that 1 Dalton went with dark grey glass (or whatever color you believe it to be. Some folks apparently think the JHT is green) rather than more blue, but I'm curious why "blue" or "mirrored" seem to be the only options embraced by developers when working with glass cladding (or grey, beige, brick-red, and brown for stone or panel cladding).

I'm not making the case for hot pink skyscrapers or aubergeine mid-rises, but there are other colors available to work with. How about a subtle green (like Parcel 12 ought to have been) or a peach/sunset hue here or there, maybe a tasteful splash of orange-ish?

Or black. Black glass is criminally underutilized and looks great basically every time its used. Idk why more developers dont use it makes no sense.

1/1 From Waltham. It's very forgettable from a skyline perspective, a real downgrade on that front. The strange patterning of the glass looks sloppy.

IMG_0024 by David Z, on Flickr

I think this turned out really nice. The cafe called "Sip" is excellent. I wish there were more outdoor spots like this in Boston in February!

IMG_8126.jpg
IMG_8125.jpg
IMG_8121.jpg
IMG_8120.jpg

I loved the reflection of the glass on this one below!

IMG_8117.jpg

Back