Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

Name change for this thread to reflect official marketing:

Cool, but how is loopnet showing all 11 floors still available? And what's the other 6-story outbuilding called (addressed) ?

Also is there someplace that shows more details on the under-plaza connector between the two and the T?

Cool, but how is loopnet showing all 11 floors still available? And what's the other 6-story outbuilding called (addressed) ?

Also is there someplace that shows more details on the under-plaza connector between the two and the T?

No idea - I looked for a CBRE website with a page on this but found nothing.

I have never seen any detail on the interior of the bridge section. Even during the proposal process it was only represented as floor plans. I believe it is all retail.

The official marketing site for the retail seems to be a work-in-progress...

Last edited:
Name change for this thread to reflect official marketing:

LoopNet listings do not = "official marketing." The most official marketing appears to be from parcel12.com, and I for one do not want to cringe every time I see this thread, so please change it back. The LoopNet listing is interesting though, in that CarGurus appears to be subletting space before even taking occupancy. Of course they were all too happy to have the LoopNet copy call it "CarGurus Tower"

LoopNet listings do not = "official marketing." The most official marketing appears to be from parcel12.com, and I for one do not want to cringe every time I see this thread, so please change it back. The LoopNet listing is interesting though, in that CarGurus appears to be subletting space before even taking occupancy. Of course they were all too happy to have the LoopNet copy call it "CarGurus Tower"

I've changed it back, but I'm not convinced either way until I see a fully live marketing site.

We may have to live with CarGurus tower in the end.

Link doesn't work.

The official marketing site for the retail seems to be a work-in-progress...

Everything about that marketing video at that site is weird. From the British narrator who talks very generically about 'making space' and never actually mentions the location of the 'space' (or even the word Boston for that matter), to the circa-1970 black and white graphics. It's like they found some stock narration voice and linked it with a decades-old video that they slightly augmented to include some Boston-specific labels and landmarks.

52638902471_0c605a98cf_k.jpg

This and the BU Data Sciences Center really look phenomenal and have brought some additional height and architectural distinctiveness to this area of Boston.

Can't wait for the One Kenmore Hotel to go up (if it ever does)!

Is that the corner parcel melting building ? If so fully agree.

There is still 11 floors available. The building is 20 Storeys, and CarGurus is only occupying the upper half of the building. The smaller 14 storey outbuilding is the Citizen M Hotel, curtainwall cladding to begin shortly.

I love big logos on buildings: it is exciting to see that we have some great & growing companies populating our downtown.
I generally do as well, but I was a bit worried about having "Car Gurus" in giant letters on the building. Not because it would be a large logo, but because of the corniness of the name itself.

Back