Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

I think the black windows really compliment the white really well too. For as much glass as there is in modern cities you still rarely see black glass, when you do its a treat.
Which contextualizes well with a very prominent black glass building a few blocks away.

photo_2023-05-18 18.33.27.jpeg
photo_2023-05-18 18.33.25.jpeg

I don't love the colossal order on the CitizenM building; it's just too small to carry those proportions IMO. I think the approach works fine on the Car Gurus building, but I wish that maybe all the spandrels were that dark glass color, leaving a handsome vertical striping elements in that textured off white.

I don't love the colossal order on the CitizenM building; it's just too small to carry those proportions IMO. I think the approach works fine on the Car Gurus building, but I wish that maybe all the spandrels were that dark glass color, leaving a handsome vertical striping elements in that textured off white.
I don't know I normally would agree but I kinda like how this one is looking like a weird little spaceship

Maybe when its all zipped up itll work but Im thinking these buildings look too similar for my liking

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I'm just so happy that the project is happening and they're decking over the Pike that it overshadows the architecture a bit. Maybe I'm a cheap date, but the Before was so crappy, and the benefits of this so much greater than the depressing highway in one of the most walkable nodes of Boston that I have a hard time but being anything than super happy about this.

The top of this building has a depth "crown" effect to it that doesn't really come through in the pictures. Looks great in person.

It really is incredible that we finally got an air rights project, and 2 going up at the same time! I remember for yearssss on here it was a running line that nothing gets built over the pike. Now that the cherrys been popped hopefully it wont take decades to get the other parcels around this covered up.

Think about just how crazy it is that south station tower, winthrop tower, and 2 air rights towers were all under construction at the same time. If someone had told me this would be the case back when I first started posting here I would have thought they were an idiot. We really have been blessed in this cycle. Theres not really any of those star projects left that had been lingering around forever like what winthrop tower, sst, and 1 dalton used to be. The only one I can really think of is the harbor garage tower. This development cycle really has been legendary.

It really is incredible that we finally got an air rights project, and 2 going up at the same time! I remember for yearssss on here it was a running line that nothing gets built over the pike. Now that the cherrys been popped hopefully it wont take decades to get the other parcels around this covered up.

Think about just how crazy it is that south station tower, winthrop tower, and 2 air rights towers were all under construction at the same time. If someone had told me this would be the case back when I first started posting here I would have thought they were an idiot. We really have been blessed in this cycle. Theres not really any of those star projects left that had been lingering around forever like what winthrop tower, sst, and 1 dalton used to be. The only one I can really think of is the harbor garage tower. This development cycle really has been legendary.

Copley Tower :cry:

Back