Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

Such a great development in every way! My one question, however, is...is the green facade still a go??? I went back and scanned every page in this thread, and it seems no one seems to know if the green facade has, indeed, been ve'd out.

If this and the s-shaped hotel thing across the street get done that would be amazing for the area. Shame the third air rights project fell through - although the hotel one seems to have went very quiet for a long time now.

Such a great development in every way! My one question, however, is...is the green facade still a go??? I went back and scanned every page in this thread, and it seems no one seems to know if the green facade has, indeed, been ve'd out.
Facade appears to have been changed to white.

Facade appears to have been changed to white.

I consider it a notable downgrade, even though the project is still a slam dunk. The more different colors popping up around the city, the better, and I preferred the green taller and red shorter buildings vs changing them to white.

Between this and the Accordia proposal, now I really want to see a green tower get built in Boston!

Jesus christ you scared me bumping this thread. I held my breath when I clicked on this thinking no no no no no.. Thank god.

Noticed the small parking lot on Boylston was closed and the payment kiosk was removed as I walked by today.
ED85AEBA-B45A-48F8-8FA9-1D0F8B03E604.jpeg
D180ED9B-19F8-48C8-AA4E-593509A5ABB6.jpeg

Hm, I wonder how much of this moves on regardless of where the economy turns considering all the construction phasing, planning, and financing done by the developers and the state/massdot.

One one hand CarGuru's is a tenant for the office tower... on the other hand CarGuru's stock is way down and I don't think many folks are going to be buying cars. That might be a problem.

Lots of wait and see... I don't think we'll know the impact on these projects until 2021.

One one hand CarGuru's is a tenant for the office tower... on the other hand CarGuru's stock is way down and I don't think many folks are going to be buying cars. That might be a problem.

Lots of wait and see... I don't think we'll know the impact on these projects until 2021.

By the time the tower opens and CarGuru moves in people might be buying cars again. It has to be what, like 3 years away? It's always a crapshoot because so much can happen in the time it takes to build something of this magnitude, especially the time it takes to build here!

Yeah, "pulling the permit" is usually one of the last things done before groundbreaking, it means that all the necessary permitting is done and agreements are made and usually triggers various legal agreements and mitigation payments. Generally speaking a developer won't pull the permit until they are certain everything is in place including financing because it's usually a costly thing to do and starts the metaphorical clock ticking. Obviously as other projects such as Winthrop Sq have taught us, things can change, but it's certainly a really good sign. I had a look at the ISD portal to verify it and the permit was in fact issued this week.

Back