Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

Cool! That was about the time I moved out of Boston. That is exactly how I remember that stretch. And, yes, it was very dumpy - as was Boylston over by Fenway.

Finally, a friendly reminder of just how shitty this stretch of Boylston used to be

52071740601_4572dec0f8_k.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Costello's Liquors (and their dopeass sidewalk sign) was awesome. Also miss Jack's Drum Shop. And Little Steve's the way it used to be -- classic.

shitty? nah

I'm specifically referring to the horrible, slanty sidewalk and not so much the stores. $2.25 for a massive slice of Little Stevie's, a pair of drumsticks from Jack's and an Olde English 40 oz from Costello's and pitiful 23 year old me was set for the night.

I lived above Piano Forte (now Berklee Books) with the doorway to the apartments directly between that and Costello's, and one night we timed how fast we each could get from the apartment down to Costello's, buy our alcohol and get back in the doorway. 43 seconds was my time and I think everyone did it in less than a minute. Think about that.... twentysomething alcoholism activation in under one minute!!!!

I use to live on Park Drive right behind Star Market from 2004 til 2007/2008 and spent many nights walking home that way after drinks from Newbury Street and the Back Bay area. It always seemed busy during the day at the Mass Ave intersection but I don't remember it being very noisy. I can't wait to see it after this project is done and even more people activate the square.

Great photos 👍

Sorry @kz1000ps for the de-rail, but I remember on your block, there was a loft-life roof apartment with 2 stories of glass. It seemed to be just dropped on top of the place, more on the Steve's end.

I'm specifically referring to the horrible, slanty sidewalk and not so much the stores. $2.25 for a massive slice of Little Stevie's, a pair of drumsticks from Jack's and an Olde English 40 oz from Costello's and pitiful 23 year old me was set for the night.

I lived above Piano Forte (now Berklee Books) with the doorway to the apartments directly between that and Costello's, and one night we timed how fast we each could get from the apartment down to Costello's, buy our alcohol and get back in the doorway. 43 seconds was my time and I think everyone did it in less than a minute. Think about that.... twentysomething alcoholism activation in under one minute!!!!

I know it's been said repeatedly here, but I'm amazed at how prominent this is from multiple angles. We walked from MFA to Fenway last night and it really juts above the surroundings.

Sorry @kz1000ps for the de-rail, but I remember on your block, there was a loft-life roof apartment with 2 stories of glass. It seemed to be just dropped on top of the place, more on the Steve's end.

Genuinely have no recollection of this. I don't see anything to suggest this on older Google streetviews or Historic Aerials. Would this have only existed for a little time?

I'm quite familiar with that unit. Its an awesome apartment. My cousin lived in it from roughly 1995 - 2006. Its obviously huge with the ceilings and what not. When he first lived there with his band mates, yes he practiced and sometimes had shows there, it was all beat up and needing a lot of tlc. But then in roughly 1997 and made for tv movie was being filmed in Boston and used his apartment for certain scenes. The deal was they got the placed fixed up for free and had to let them film and be out of the way. The only draw back was there was hardly any heat in the winter, especially in the tall room with the windows, but a super cool place and the rent was reasonable.

Back