Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

52296281861_a07bd5a128_3k.jpg

52296287313_692ef6f847_3k.jpg

52296286978_2b5c300ba4_3k.jpg

That main crane definitely got a boost over the weekend; it's now level with the top of the core.

Biked by yesterday, and the Pike is essentially no longer a feature of that area. It is truly deserving of the transformational description.

As far as filling in a gap in activity centers, Mass Ave is probably the most important of the air rights parcels along the Pike (and arguably maybe the Boylston parcels). There's just so much pedestrian activity coming off Newbury and from the Esplanade and across the bridge from Cambridge -- and on the other side from the Symphony/Berklee/CCS area, it was just weird to have it all converge at the Pike. This will be drastically better. As far as contributing to just a super crappy pedestrian experience, this wasn't the worst air rights parcel -- that sad bus shelter thing did a reasonably decent job of hiding part of the highway -- but this is a bzillion times better.

There would've been so many different shades of green combining from this vantage point had this building ended up green. Would've been interesting.
I love when you're on Mass Ave in Cambridge heading south and when you enter upon the bridge, suddenly the space just yawns wide open on all sides of you. It's a really cool visual effect.

8/29

IMG_3527 by David Z, on Flickr
Between all the colleges ramping up, the beautiful weather and the gorgeous sunsets. You could write a book about the energy that is in the air in Boston in September, especially on Mass Ave in Cambridge and Boston. This shot does a great job in capturing that. It makes me desperately want to drink a beer at All Asia and watch some random bands play. I know its been gone for a while. Great shots for real!

Between all the colleges ramping up, the beautiful weather and the gorgeous sunsets. You could write a book about the energy that is in the air in Boston in September, especially on Mass Ave in Cambridge and Boston. This shot does a great job in capturing that. It makes me desperately want to drink a beer at All Asia and watch some random bands play. I know its been gone for a while. Great shots for real!
You could go to the Bebop and do the same

Back