Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

Is it confirmed that this went from one of the most colorful, exciting proposals in the city to 2 dull, plain white buildings? The BPDA continues to do this city wrong, one sterilizing decision after another.

Is it confirmed that this went from one of the most colorful, exciting proposals in the city to 2 dull, plain white buildings? The BPDA continues to do this city wrong, one sterilizing decision after another.

Yes, but someone commented on the prior page that the BPDA isn't responsible for that - Samuels made that change to save money.

Its still a great project. But, man, the green would have made iconic, a Boston landmark.

Yes, but someone commented on the prior page that the BPDA isn't responsible for that - Samuels made that change to save money.

This is a question I honestly don't know the answer of. Are green panels somehow a lot more expensive than white/grey panels? I feel like the cost should be around the same, regardless of color, assuming it's otherwise the same quality and materials.

Geo rig drilling at the site this morning...

Today
F29795A8-0695-4A9C-BE6E-292BB52CB147.jpeg

Last edited:
Two sources familiar with the deal said fast-growing CarGurus has a letter of intent to lease roughly 300,000 square feet in the 540,000-square foot-building, though they stressed that such a step is short of a signed lease, and either party could still walk away.

Walked by this afternoon and a gentleman making the same markings on the Newbury Street/Mass Pike entrance and grassy median side of the site as when they marked and soil tested on the Boylston St side. Plans in his hand were of the site and I tried to get a close up of them until he noticed me taking photos and I stopped.
9E04775A-80B6-48F9-8A97-630B92B736FB.jpeg
ADE5419E-9C69-4FFE-9533-085501138824.jpeg
1F5678AB-B92A-4F0E-B3A8-2CB8DF2C6945.jpeg

Back