Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

If they can pull this off, it will likely give investors and developers alike the confidence to proceed with similar projects (i.e. Parcel 13 + 15).

Very true. The importance of this project goes far beyond the project itself. Everybody knows you cant build over the pike. Thats only true as long as its true. Once somebody does it that changes everything. The viola is approved and actually supposed to be u/c by now. They havent cancelled, but Im sure they wanted to wait at least this period of uncertainty out. As far as I know they could go u/c at any time. The last news was just that theyre actually adding height to the mass ave side. This project could put some important chain of events in process that lead to this corner finally being realized after allllll these decades of starts and stops. It could also go on pause and kill it for good. Were at the most critical junction of this corners existence. This is “yuuuge”.

Pretty interesting, it was the first thing that came to mind and Ive never seen it referenced before, I honestly thought people would think it was a shit name/post. Some things must just be meant to be somehow where multiple people independently come up with the same thing. Organic is best right?

Hell who knows if a thread is named “turnpike square” that gives precedence for google maps when looking for names of areas. I actually read an article about this, where people in SF were mad that google had labelled an area of the city “fiskhorn” as “fishkorn”, something that the locals had never heard before, and before you know it restaurants/businesses started popping up in the area with the new name and now it just is.

Someone did some digging to find where it was first referenced and it ended up being something random with a small typo and now that literally has become the name of the neighborhood. So people search google for the name of the neighborhood to name their restaurant, then google references businesses in the area with the name, and it becomes a self fullfilling prophecy loop where nobody knows who created this misname first that in enough time goes back far enough to obscure its origin.

So anyways if people just start referring to the area here as this, and it is referenced enough places in type/print, it will eventually just become this in time when google policks it up, especially if picked up by the locals... unless of course google accidentally typos it out of existence lol, then its up to the gods.

Great minds must think alike.

How about "Athol Circle", named after the town of Athol of course.

From this morning 8-1-2020

20200801_061433.jpg

Attachments

• 20200801_061433.jpg
    20200801_061433.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
Yeah, I am not welcome there anymore after I told Smail's wife that, "she must have been something before electricity"

The Bushwood Country Club parking lot probably has some spaces. Give them a call and ask for Judge Smails.

So damn excited for this project.
And while I'm in the biking mindset, the lane out front looks decently laid out, but I'm not sure how I feel about how wide of a detour to the west it is. Getting bikers to funnel in across Newbury instead is just sticking in the car bus lane... yeah not sure how much that'll work out. The little lane jog they did in front of the Elliot was annoying enough.

Also, JIMBO is fully erased now...

Everytime I see this thread randomly bumped I expect the worst... phew.

What’s that tall building that’s in front of the Pru in the renders?
Looks like an early version of the proposed Parcel 15 (1000 Boylston) air rights tower. The project that fell apart last year when Weiner Ventures pulled out.

Back