Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

0C6A899E-8232-4F77-AF92-BE01F30E3C42.jpeg

I used to walk by here daily and I never realized how depressing this Boylston sidewalk is. 3 different color/kinds materials, countless cracks, extremely uneven,sinking etc. The city deserves better here.
The are three reasons for this. The first is that Boylston St didn't have a standardized sidewalks for most of existence. The second is that the first attempt at standardization was a mess. Among other mistakes, they chose a design that featured small paving stones that the winter just laughed at. Lastly, the latest try just isn't done yet. I do believe, however, that this new attempt is a real winner within the contraints of a very narrow way. They started at Copley and have been doing a block a year.

8/10 This is really going to stand out as it helps push the main skyline to the west of Mass Ave. Add in that Northeastern theater tower, then the 300'+ towers around Kenmore/Fenway and it's going to be absolutely wild within a few years. Angles below really show how this will help bridge the gap.

IMG_2754 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_2756 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_2757 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_2758 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_2759 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_2804 by David Z, on Flickr

Last edited:
Seems like a delay on completing assembly of the crane?

My pics were from Tuesday 8/10 so no idea if the crane is there or not. It's been too hot for me to want to go anywhere.

I think they usually aim to do crane assemblies on Saturdays from what I can around most sites to avoid fucking up traffic too bad. They will have to shutdown/re-route Boylston to get this one up.

IMG_2831 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2833 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2832 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2836 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2835 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2841 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2840 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2843 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2844 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2845 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2850 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2851 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2854 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2855 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2857 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2860 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_2858 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Apparently they put the final pieces of the crane together on move in day for Berklee/ the Boston Conservatory. They blocked off most of Boylston near the crane and apparently it made for a disaster of a move in. I'm seeing tons of posts on social media about it. 🤷‍♂️

Back