Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

Yep, weekend shutdowns through December to install the decking over the commuter rail, then overnight rolling roadblocks on the Pike to install the decking on the Pike.

Does the T charge the contractor/developer for the shutdowns? I imagine those plus the rolling roadblocks can add some substantial cost to an already complicated build, something I didn't consider before...

Amazing. How will the decking over the actual pike work? Will they actually close the road?

Amazing. How will the decking over the actual pike work? Will they actually close the road?
Yup, overnight rolling roadblocks, starting in just a couple weekends. They did these earlier in the project too.
If everything goes according to schedule the decks should be complete by St Patrick's Day.

I saw the small amount of decking that is in place in person, coming in on the Pike this week and to my untrained eye, the decking looks awfully thin to put a building on top of, IMO. Unless the span over the tracks is narrow or what is above this section is going to be a park/green space.

I saw the small amount of decking that is in place in person, coming in on the Pike this week and to my untrained eye, the decking looks awfully thin to put a building on top of, IMO. Unless the span over the tracks is narrow or what is above this section is going to be a park/green space.

It looks like there are cutouts and bump-outs on the concrete wall for larger beams that haven't been placed yet, though I can't say for sure.

#CranePic
20211222_055400.jpg

Attachments

• 20211222_055400.jpg
    20211222_055400.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
This site is probably one of the most fun to watch at this phase. After the decking is up though, it's essentially going to look like every other project.

If folks succeed in decking most of the trench, it seems there’s got to be a ventilation system. I don’t think I have seen any provisions for one in any of the proposals or Pike documents.

If folks succeed in decking most of the trench, it seems there’s got to be a ventilation system. I don’t think I have seen any provisions for one in any of the proposals or Pike documents.
The current proposals don't come anywhere near decking "most of the trench," so I don't think this is a problem (yet).

I don't think even the Pru tunnel (and under Copley Place extending that) has a ventilation system.

I don't think even the Pru tunnel (and under Copley Place extending that) has a ventilation system.
The Columbus Center extension of the decking was going to include ventilation. At some point it is needed unless we go all electric (not any time soon!).

Back