Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

5953DC10-B46C-45E7-8FB7-DBA754219BBE.jpeg
002EAA42-4A8C-4A8D-B2F0-3D360E67CC2E.jpeg
DE68E84B-A9E7-4207-AECF-E1816E9BBDD9.jpeg
EC0305B2-2AF6-4664-A18A-DF062AAA282C.jpeg
CD757E1C-2B7F-4607-901D-072CBC42E6E8.jpeg

Incredible pictures ^

I dont believe the newest renders showing how the company logos will apear on the tower have been posted yet. Came across these on the website for the structural engineer of the project. The podium appears a smidge different too.
View062_Pike-scaled-e1658262756235.jpg

Previous podium

Also the overhang on the shorter tower is gone now.
View060_Boylston-scaled-e1658263108960.jpg

Previous
parcel12-hotel_complex-full_(c)samuels_assoc.jpg

https://www.mcsal.com/parcel-12/

Last edited:
Still unfortunate that they didn't or couldn't work a deal for a pedestrian access to Ipswich from the plaza. Doing so would really lock Hynes in as a third T station for Fenway Park, among other things.
Is there still time?

Honestly, they could probably build it at any time in the future if they wanted to.

I’d heard whispers the impediment was Harold Brown’s (RIP?) The Hamilton Company, who wouldn’t entertain an easement across their abutting property to the west—or, at least not at the price Samuels was willing to pay to connect to Ipswich outbound to Fenway Park.

I’d heard whispers the impediment was Harold Brown’s (RIP?) The Hamilton Company, who wouldn’t entertain an easement across their abutting property to the west—or, at least not at the price Samuels was willing to pay to connect to Ipswich outbound to Fenway Park.

I'm glad to hear they tried.

Incredible pictures ^

I dont believe the newest renders showing how the company logos will apear on the tower have been posted yet. Came across these on the website for the structural engineer of the project. The podium appears a smidge different too.
View062_Pike-scaled-e1658262756235.jpg

Previous podium

Also the overhang on the shorter tower is gone now.
View060_Boylston-scaled-e1658263108960.jpg

Previous
parcel12-hotel_complex-full_(c)samuels_assoc.jpg

https://www.mcsal.com/parcel-12/

I think it's just me, but I find it so sad that Boston is allowing so much building branding now. I took the WalkBoston architecture boat tour recently and it was so striking how the seaport has all of these signs everywhere. Admittedly on buildings that can be hard to tell apart

I think it's just me, but I find it so sad that Boston is allowing so much building branding now. I took the WalkBoston architecture boat tour recently and it was so striking how the seaport has all of these signs everywhere. Admittedly on buildings that can be hard to tell apart

I'd say Boston has significantly more signage/billboards/etc up until relatively recently going by the left over faded ads on party walls and historical photos.

I believe the Seaport is the only area that allows signs on buildings. I think downtown and Back Bay need major variances for signs.

These 2 buildings have gone up so fast, almost like lightening!! I bet that if there were still some room at the Pru, that they would've put them over there! Even in darkness, & u/c, they look good at night!! :)

Last edited:

Back