Hyatt Place/Ora Seaport (née Parcel K) | 315 Northern Avenue | Seaport

Deetroyt

Reaction score
This is in reference to Parcel K across the street from the Pavilion and Yankee Lobster, not to be confused with Seaport Square BLOCK K, which is in another thread. I couldn't find an existing thread for this project (even though I could've SWORN I've seen news of this project posted on the site before).

Anyways, here's the BRA link to the project I'm referring to

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/projects/development-projects/parcel-k

I've been hearing commercials on the radio that this project is scheduled for construction soon, so just curious if anyone has seen any equipment/vehicles on the site?

lightbox

Re: Parcel K Northern Avenue

I've been hearing commercials on the radio that this project is scheduled for construction soon, so just curious if anyone has seen any equipment/vehicles on the site?

Walked by the site this afternoon and it was still being used as a parking lot.

What exactly are they saying on the radio? What are they calling it?

The radio spot seems like its sponsored by the IBEW, they're calling it Parcel K, and they're basically just saying they're about to start scheduled construction. The commercial talks about the project details (# of rooms, restaurants, etc.), number of jobs it will create, stuff like that. I'll try to listen closer next time I hear it.

Could the IBEW be referring to Block K, but calling it Parcel by mistake?

0051.jpg

0011.jpg

0041.jpg

0031.jpg

0021.jpg

0061.jpg

0071.jpg

I like it.

But I am very confused about the angles some seem like a 90 degree angle on the back corner and some seam like a far gentler angle.

Could the IBEW be referring to Block K, but calling it Parcel by mistake?

I thought this too at first, but the commercial specifically mentions it being on Northern Ave, while Block K is on Seaport BLVD.

As an FYI, the commercial I'm hearing is played on the CBS Local app, which I use to listen to 98.5 the Sport Hubs (I no longer live in the Boston area). I think the commercials played on the app are different from whats played on the actual radio station.

I thought this too at first, but the commercial specifically mentions it being on Northern Ave, while Block K is on Seaport BLVD.

Seaport Blvd ends at D street, where it changes Back to Northern Ave. So it's still correct.

Block K isn't on Northern Ave., thats what I was trying to say. Block K is at the intersection of Seaport Blvd and Boston Wharf Rd.

Block K is on seaport, by all the construction/seaport sq. Parcel K, where these two buildings are going, is at northern & trilling.

Edit- so yeah, if the commercials are calling this block K it is a mistake. These buildings are definitely across from the pavilion on northern.

I hear them on the same app and was confused as well. But pretty sure they say parcel k. I kept think they we're talking about the skanska project. I was like... But that's ready under construction.

Thanks for the update. Kind of disappointing news though ... this was supposed to start construction in Q4 of last year.

Much better design, worth the wait.

At least it will obstruct views of that terrible Radisson or whatever that is

But I am very confused about the angles some seem like a 90 degree angle on the back corner and some seam like a far gentler angle.

Here is an older rendering that should help. I snagged this back on October 2014. The design is a little different, but the massing and the site plan appear to be largely unchanged.

0B7si7aM3IAqUQXNzQUVEWWFyNzQ

Edit: Which rendering is the current one? I prefer the one in post 15 to the one in post 2. Apparently both were floating around back in 2014 since I have both in my "archive".

Isn't Parcel K the Watermark, next to the Yotel?

Back