Poll: Which building project will we see start first?

What will we see first?

• 115 Winthrop Millennium Tower

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • South Station Tower

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Bulfinch Crossing Office Tower (One Congress)

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Pike Air Rights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tysmith95

Reaction score
Just a poll on what signature downtown skyscraper is most likely to be built first.

Re: What will we see first?

I voted South Station based on the fact that if it does not start this January it will have to undergo a complete design review again iirc.

I wonder what the cost is for decking the South Station tracks, is it more or less then the 150 million that Millennium is paying for the Winthrop Garage?

I voted for South Station even though SST:AB::Football:Charlie Brown

I'm going for Winthrop. I don't like the design to SST and I believe that project would never get off the ground due to complex scenarios.

I can't believe SST is ahead of Harbor Garage in Development. Unbelievable.

I actually like the Winthrop design this would fit in great in the skyline--
Just not sure how the San Fran scenario is going to end for the Millennium at this point

I wonder what the cost is for decking the South Station tracks, is it more or less then the 150 million that Millennium is paying for the Winthrop Garage?

Less. SS has had pre-prepped pilings driven between each of the platforms ever since its big 1989 renovation; you can the tops of those pegs nestled between every track pair. There's no additional engineering to do; everything's shovel-ready if they follow the decking blueprints specced out 30 years ago.

i went with South Station Tower, of course.

but i have no idea.

ok, way out on a limb; South Station Tower.

we need a

'post which will get done sooner below'

thread. :)

Harbor Garage or Copley Tower

Lol, Chiofaro doesn't even make the list?

I only put in plans and proposals that are still alive. I didn't want to rehash any of the Harbor Garage broken record on this thread lol. Until I see a new proposal the Harbor Garage project is dead.

SST could start construction in the next few months (if things go well). I'd have to believe that 115 Winthrop would start construction once all of the approvals are granted. The site is too valuable for nothing to happen and there aren't any complicated construction techniques required (like with SST or Air Rights). The Bulfinch Crossing Office tower will probably start construction quickly if they find an anchor tenant.

At first I voted for Winthrop but if I was allowed to change my vote I would change it to SST.

The Harbor Garage project is only dead if you live in the Aquarium's alternate universe. Not blaming anyone who is there. But, the boss of the Building Dept might have an opposing opinion. i believe it's going to take an open exchange of ideas between a strong mayor (re-elect) and the people. And it'll either be done with tax relief, or >1M sq ft. If the Mayor gets re-elected... the thing will fly through.... no more than 3 years to break ground, and ten to twenty million killed, (tops). it will be amazing.

^there will never be tax relief for the harbor garage project nor should there be (unless apple/google wants to move their headquarters to the city).

Back