PORTLAND TIES FOR LEAST OVERWEIGHT

philip

Reaction score
From Todays Boston Metro (for the Portland crew)

Portland, Maine, tied with Burlington, Vt., for the lowest rate of overweight adults nationwide, according to a 2002 survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The rate in both cities was 49.3 percent. In terms of obesity, Portland had the second lowest rate, 15 percent, trailing only Denver, at 14.2 percent.

Hah...too weak to eat a walrus like the rest of us. :lol: Yea I'm just kidding around.

A sad day it is. If any one has been to portland, they know we are not a town of Fabios and arnolds. Maybe all of the hippies skew the numbers. but the city as a whole is not that fit. Now what does that say about America??? we are leading the pack at ONLY half overweight!!! oh my. haha. Now burlington on the other hand, where i just moved from, appears to actually be a pretty fit place. but i may be imaginging, since there are a lot of students not counted as residents there. and a lot are athletes.

Portland's Port Ranks Top in the Nation
By: Liz Darling

5/2/2006 - The Port of Portland ranked as:

1. The largest foreign inbound tonnage transit port in the United States;

2. The largest tonnage port in New England;

3. The 25th largest port in the United States;

4. The largest oil port on the US East Coast;

this is big news for us up here. We were begind boston forever until like the end of 2004 i think.

source: http://www.ci.portland.me.us/showart.asp?contentID=1108

Back