President Trump Tests Positive For COVID-19

At this point I have to wonder if there is an ulterior motive for this. Maybe to try to get sympathy in the polls? excuse to get out of the next debate? is it so he can now go: see, no big deal, I had it and it was nothing. Or, I guess, the president wouldn't lie about this sort of thing.

In all seriousness though - is this really reality where the President of the United States just mocked his opponent earlier in the week in a debate for wearing masks and bragged that he didn't need to since his testing procuderes and security was super, super the best now has tested positive for COVID. Really?

Another important question. Given the current administration's awful credibility and that the rear naval doctor said the Trump is the most healthy person his age that he has ever seen, what's the chances we actually get accurate updates on his health. They've gone through great lengths to avoid optics. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they go the Fidel Castro or Kim Jong Il route where they would prop up normalcy by having someone speak for him and say that he is fine when in reality, he is on his death bed. I guess his number of tv appearance would be more telling than the stuff the administration is saying.

Also can't imagine them holding a debate in this current format. Better idea would be to hold it virtually. At least doing that would also allow them to mute Trump so that he doesn't constantly interrupt.

Last edited:
As expected, there are now conflicting reports on Trump's status, ranging from he is recovering to his vitals are worrying and he was given supplemental oxygen. God this administration is a cesspool when it comes with just laying out the facts.

Presidential Doctors have ALWAYS downplayed risks. I think the drafters of the 25th Amendment should have provided some mechanism to bypass doctor-patient confidentiality in the case of the President, and maybe VP & House Speaker

Back