View Boston (Observatory) | Prudential Tower | Back Bay

It was. And then it was a Bank Boston, and then a Fleet, and finally a Bank of America, all by way of large banking mergers. You and I just dated ourselves, by virtue of even remembering the existence of Bay Bank.

I was just looking at BayBank logo t-shirts last week and was very tempted :).

It was. And then it was a Bank Boston, and then a Fleet, and finally a Bank of America, all by way of large banking mergers. You and I just dated ourselves, by virtue of even remembering the existence of Bay Bank.
heh. HS class of '91 khed and proud of it!

I always found it amusing that the acquiring bank in that chain always kept the BayBanks branches and dumped their own, if needed, for anti-trust purposes.

My first bank account in Massachusetts was opened at BayBank on Portland Street near North Station, which is still a Bank of America location. (I got my BayBank card....... BayBank Jingle - YouTube )

My first account was opened at the Nason St branch in Maynard (AKA the go to for many DEC employees and their families). That branch survived until a couple of years ago, when Bank of America decided that branch banking was so last century.

But can you recall New England Merchants National Bank, National Bank of Boston, State Street Bank and Trust, Provident Institution for Savings...once I start thinking about them they roll off my brain!

Hudson Yards in New York recently opened The Edge, an outdoor obs deck on the 100th floor that's surrounded by a glass wall. It is billed as being the highest outdoor deck in the Western Hemisphere! It's most noted feature attraction is a glass triangle in the floor that lets you look down & see the ground below!!

In the bottom pic, not to be outdone, Even the Empire State Building got in on the act & redid its lower & upper obs decks on the 86th & 102nd floor!! It looks more roomier!

The Edge Osbs Deck..jpg
[/ATTACH]
Empire State Building's Upper Obs Deck..jpg
World's Best obs decks.jpg
Eyes in the Sky!!.jpg

Last edited:
It's sooooo much shinier now. Not sure how much the pic captures it but it was exploding with reflections as we drove down the Pike.

51767178676_7771068c4b_b.jpg
What was done to get the shine back? Replaced panels? Cleaning? All I know is that the facades were inconsistent and splotchy before.

I think that they're lying about the obs deck there being the highest one. It's 889 feet or so high. The one at the JHC is 1,000 feet up!! It may be the highest out there, but not the highest in the country. I think the one at the World Trade Center is higher or as high as the one at the Willis Tower. :)
Late reply, but as a Chicagoan it is my duty to inform everyone that the Sears Tower observatory is around 90 feet higher than the one at 1WTC. :)

Still, the Freedom Tower is the tallest man-made structure in the USA because of its spire.

Still, the Freedom Tower is the tallest man-made structure in the USA because of its spire.
So? He was replying to your post about/the subject of observation decks and which is highest. You replying with "well the freedom tower is the tallest man-made structure in the USA..." (it's not; that'd be the Petronius in GOM) is no more on-topic than if you trotted out some factoid about how the bumblebee bat is the world's smallest mammal.

Back