View Boston (Observatory) | Prudential Tower | Back Bay

Very nice to see the crown/antenna lights back in full glory, and sync'd with 888 Boylston to ring in the New Year
bsl2.jpg

I have faith that the Simon Tower will happen. Someone on here mentioned last year that Simon was reconsidering it (or something along those lines)

Wasn't their approval for the tower running out in the near(ish) future?

It's ghost rendered in the more recent Back Bay Garage, and Skanksa 380 Stuart Street proposals - so there's always hope.

It's ghost rendered in the more recent Back Bay Garage, and Skanksa 380 Stuart Street proposals - so there's always hope.
I suspect those ghost renderings are just gratuitous comparison points for the Back Bay NIMBYs: "see we're not as tall as that!"

10yrs from 2015

3 years is getting pretty close for a building like this. I always figured they would package and the project off to someone else to actually develop it. In reality, they will probably just apply for an extension for another 10 years, be granted it, and let it sit.

3 years is getting pretty close for a building like this. I always figured they would package and the project off to someone else to actually develop it. In reality, they will probably just apply for an extension for another 10 years, be granted it, and let it sit.

Agree. The South Station Tower story tells us that "you never know" when it comes to logistically challenging projects being extended over and over, after which it's finally picked up by a well-resourced developer.

Hey, Simon tried.

I blame this shmendrik:

Wrong project, but never count this guy out. He and his fellow travelers continued trying to kill Columbus Center, despite it having been approved and even started. Fortunately, Simon Properties has deeper pockets than Winn, and perhaps a CEO who won't be convicted of fraud.

Back