Recent influx of forumers

KentXie

Reaction score
Okay I know most forums would love having a lot of forumers joining but this is ridiculous. In over the course of 4 days, AB had about 150 new forumers join. Now you probably will say, wow what's the problem with this, the more forumers, the better. However, nearly all of these new forumers aren't even in the US and are spammers. Is there a way to limit this problem?

^ Wonder what's attracting them.

Btw, how do you know they're spammers?

They normally, in their profile, have links to different sites that normally sells product.

The numbers seem to wax and wane; after a few days the member count should drop again.

Are the mods doing this or do they deregister? I wonder if this wipes out the accounts of legitimate new members as well.

I don't believe you can deregister. However, I do believe it is the moderators who delete the new members.

Well I can't do anything, only briv can. And since he has been busy these past couple weeks it is no wonder that all these fake members have been growing. Hopefully the new forum software he plans on installing will cut down on all this spam.

Are they actually spamming with posts or just with usernames? If the latter...what's the point?

What the hell is up this weekend? A lot of relatively-new members posting. Great to see. Wish there were more old-timers, as well, though.

What the hell is up this weekend? A lot of relatively-new members posting. Great to see. Wish there were more old-timers, as well, though.

indeed, but what's weird is one particular member keeps commenting on really old obscure threads that he/she wasn't even around for...odd

No idea why it seems more new users are posting, but its nothing but a good thing for the health of the board!

I think the board gets linked to by outside sources from time to time and that leads to a seemingly random influx of newbies. Thats how I found it back in the day

I think the board gets linked to by outside sources from time to time and that leads to a seemingly random influx of newbies. Thats how I found it back in the day

Yeah - it will occasionally popup on reddit/uhub/etc.

Back