Channelside (née P&G) | 244-248 A Street | Fort Point

Hope they put in a decent amount of ground level retail in these buildings instead of just lobbies. Would be great to have that part of fort point channel have a nice little cluster of restaurants and shops rather than the dead zone it is today.

Last edited:
One thing you can count on is the neighbors applying a ton of pressure for community space and ground floor activation. Nothing is final of course but the renders and floor plans have clear allocation for mixed use streetscapes. Now if only there were some construction updates…

channelside-construction.com

Colossal order windows aren’t necessary for these buildings.

The square windows on one of the buildings remind me of the 80s PoMo style.

Reactions: W-4
Is it that hard to stick with the neighborhood industrial masonry? GE did it with a futuristic building, and still kept the minimalist tendencies. Really unimpressive effort that will get all sorts of praise... :(

Arent these buildings just iterations of the Car Gurus bldg? Other than that, this will be a great energizer of all businesses in the area. I’m excited to see what these buildings will facilitate in terms of industry, start-up and academic collaborations.

Question to the architectural cognoscenti here:

How long will this curved corner windows, colossal order, etc. with bronze metal cladding thing continue, and how do you think it will age?

I like it a lot (especially the curved glass windows), but it seems this is the new offset window, albeit a lot of it looks like a step-up in quality.

Back