Road Trips

DZH22

Superstar
Reaction score
I'm interested in the different locations people have driven out to, with Boston as the "home base" so to speak. Pictures are welcome and encouraged. I will start out with my latest trip.

Last month, I decided it was time to see some new cities for myself that I had only seen pictures of previously. We chose Chicago as the main destination, and drove a giant loop, also hitting: Buffalo, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Columbus, among other places.

I must say, I really enjoyed my time in the midwest! The people were friendly, the cities impressed, and I just felt very at peace with myself in the few days I spent there.

Here is a link to my main thread.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=184151

Here are a couple pictures, but please check the link for the brunt of them.

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_5037.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5173.jpg

CopyofIMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

I look forward to seeing other people's exotic roadtrip destinations!

I'd be curious to see your impressions of Columbus, where my family lives and where I recently visited. Some of the neighborhoods near downtown are quite pleasant, but the downtown itself is totally dead except for three beautifully restored old theatres. No department stores, no retail at all anymore.

Chicago kicks ass and I didn't even realize Columbus even had a skyline. Nice pics

I'd be curious to see your impressions of Columbus, where my family lives and where I recently visited. Some of the neighborhoods near downtown are quite pleasant, but the downtown itself is totally dead except for three beautifully restored old theatres. No department stores, no retail at all anymore.

I hit Columbus on page 5 of that link. (the last picture physically posted on this page is of the Leveque Tower there) It was similar to what I expected. Basically, skyline was close in height and size to Boston's dt cluster, except Columbus was less sparse in total talls and just in general size/denseness. It had some nice looking streets, and a pretty riverfront park on which new immediate construction is centered around. We were in and out within an hour, but I give that hour a thumbs up. I guess it did seem a little dead now that I think of it, but toe precluded me from actually walking at that point so it was mostly just a drive-through around the main downtown itself.

^ Good idea for the "black wall of death" at 45 Province Street.

Back