Roxbury Parcel 8 | Melnea Cass Boulevard and Washington Street | Nubian Square

estyle

Reaction score
This area has such a history of unsuccessful RFPs (Parcel P3!) I would like to see something happen here in a few years. Any of these would be fine. Pick one that can actually happen and make it so.

shawn

Reaction score
View attachment 6493View attachment 6494

The closest I've personally seen to actual roof top trees was this in London, I think about 20 storeys up, completely free and open to the public like a park, really awesome place but even then no real trees just shrubbery and plantings. Wish Boston had something like this though...
I'll second this from personal experience. The company I work for is HQ'd in London in a complex called Central Saint Giles. Two separate roof gardens are open to all workers, if I remember right 12 and 14 floors up. It looks just like the above pic, and it's fantastic. Everyone eats lunch out there or has drinks out there after work. No real trees, but plenty of healthy shrubbery and tall decorative grasses. We could absolutely do that in Boston. And it doesn't have to be confined to Renzo Piano starchitecture either.

aycaramba

Reaction score
I'll second this from personal experience. The company I work for is HQ'd in London in a complex called Central Saint Giles. Two separate roof gardens are open to all workers, if I remember right 12 and 14 floors up. It looks just like the above pic, and it's fantastic. Everyone eats lunch out there or has drinks out there after work. No real trees, but plenty of healthy shrubbery and tall decorative grasses. We could absolutely do that in Boston. And it doesn't have to be confined to Renzo Piano starchitecture either.
Boston does have quite a nice example of this at the MGH museum of medical innovation