Salisbury Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofsheeba

Reaction score
Unsure where to post these as I stopped by to take a few pics of the latest happenings on Salisbury Beach right before I made my stand up comedy debut at the Winner’s Circle earlier.
CA0D46A5-89F5-4BB1-ACA3-CF97196B07AD.jpeg
3165AA23-9C31-4782-AE38-347229FB9D24.jpeg
A5FC96F8-6D66-429B-ACB6-3EEA3B921762.jpeg
9CFC2AC0-FCBA-43BD-A3FB-F2E6AAB5C12D.jpeg
4F2B506B-8A62-4B12-8D2E-444FC311CDE7.jpeg
F44A64F3-B355-4783-834D-1B9D2F77B779.jpeg
1631CE18-C9C3-4AAA-99A8-A5876CC0369B.jpeg

What direction is Salisbury Beach heading these days? Is it going more Hampton (beefy bikers and the parking lots that love them) or Plum Island (boutiques, firepits and edison bulb strings)?

What direction is Salisbury Beach heading these days? Is it going more Hampton (beefy bikers and the parking lots that love them) or Plum Island (boutiques, firepits and edison bulb strings)?
Probably more like Hampton but they do have the bulb strings right by the new Welcome Center. Goes great with the AstroTurf and Picnic Tables.

The residential real estate is getting more year-round and more high end, and the beaches and state park are pretty good. I hope they are able to save some of the old honky tonk but I predict it will gentrify and that's mostly a good thing

I predict it will gentrify and that's mostly a good thing
Here’s what I would suggest that you do, Scott. I suggest that you take a step back and think about how insanely wrong you are about things such as this.

You have all of the North Shore priced out. And now you want to gentrify the last working class beach in Northernmost Massachusetts? What happened to all the sandbags the Army Corps of Engineers put out to protect Plum Island?

If Downtown Newburyport isn’t gentrified enough for you, then I would suggest Avalon Point. You have some messed up priorities.

You can back off. Someone asks the future of Salisbury and I gave an opinion based on walking down the beach and seeing more and more large houses and less vacant properties which there used to be many. Maybe I should have used the term developed so I wouldn't trigger you

You can back off. Someone asks the future of Salisbury and I gave an opinion based on walking down the beach and seeing more and more large houses and less vacant properties which there used to be many. Maybe I should have used the term developed so I wouldn't trigger you
You’re bad at this. I’ve been through the throes of hell so many times in my life where someone like you can be corrected with facts and reason. Good shot though.

Gentrification hurts families and communities. Having little boutique shops that attract yt isn’t good for anyone. Salisbury Beach is a working class beach. It should be.

Case in point: I wouldn’t step inside Tens Show Club. I’m not a thirteen year old who listens to WAAF. I wouldn’t be caught dead in a strip joint because they’re sad and misogynistic. So I don’t go in there. I go to Blue Ocean Music Hall for a show or grab some fuller cakes on the Boardwalk.

Anyways, no need to price out the working class. It’s Salisbury Beach. It doesn’t need to be Newport, Rhode Island. The best thing to do if you’re yt and you’ve somehow made a wrong turn up on 1A, my advice would be not to wear any nice clothes. There’s no point and all the riff-raff will see your clothes and come after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back