Seaport Sq. Block N | 350 Summer Street | Seaport

Man, unreal how much the city process sucks...do they ever not make things worse?

Yes. They made Dock Square much better. They made Hub on Causeway better (before Verizon made it worse). They actually made 1000 Boylston better before it was cancelled (they weren't responsible for taking the height off, but the shorter version was better-looking).

But it's fascinating when BCDC presentations include the comments, because sometimes they're so, so stupid.

Shoot this thing and put it out of its misery then start over with something that doesn't try way too hard to virtue signal faux contextuality.

The BCDC greatly harms or ruins (outright) a significant number of projects.
Did it occur to anyone they'd screw with perfection?
Do you all ever wonder if they feel they have to change every last project to justify their existence?

With some luck it will change again. Also if some ppl go and just say hey it was better before it can be changed. Remember Winthrop sq? That was changed back too after people got pissed due to a crappy revision, so it can happen if ppl speak up. It wouldnt be hard at all to just change the color back to what it was... yesterday.

Fence is up and parking ticket booths have been removed, this is U/C
2D210448-8F0C-49EE-9F87-0BF630A6CD38.jpeg
B3115A39-96FE-4C2B-A015-0102DE21F20D.jpeg

If those panels are for N and/or P they are much brighter than I was anticipating

Just wild how much space was over there. All those decades of buildings being wedged in next to each other on the other side of the canal where massive stretches of parking lots sat waiting to be developed. Even after all the development, there are still angles where the Seaport looks almost undeveloped.

Just wild how much space was over there. All those decades of buildings being wedged in next to each other on the other side of the canal where massive stretches of parking lots sat waiting to be developed. Even after all the development, there are still angles where the Seaport looks almost undeveloped.
Czervik -- We are witnessing another Back Bay in progress

Back Bay took about 50 years to go from a mud flat at low tide to mostly built-out

The Seaport*1 was not a mud flat 50 years ago but there was practically nothing except the Piers along the Harbor and the Old DOD stuff from WWII down by the Reserve Channel

Starting with The Court House & Fidelity we've seen steady and even accelerating build-out highlighted by major projects:

1986 World Trade Center Boston -- Massachusetts Port Authority designated Fidelity Investments and The Drew Company to redevelop Commonwealth Pier as the World Trade Center Boston

1998, Fidelity Investments and The Drew Company opened the Seaport Boston Hotel connected to the World Trade Center

1999 John Joseph Moakley United States Courthouse --- cost of $170 million -- Henry N. Cobb and Ian Bader of Pei Cobb Freed & Partners

2002 World Trade Center West -- more Fidelity and The Drew Company

2000 World Trade Center East -- more Fidelity and The Drew Company

2004 Boston Convention & Exhibition Center -- Mass Convention Center Authority - Rafael Viñoly Architects, with The HNTB Companies

2004 Manulife -- John Hancock -- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP -- with Stull and Lee, Inc.

2005 Park Lane Seaport I

2006 Park Lane Seaport II

2006 Westin Boston Waterfront -- Arrowstreet Inc.

2006 ICA -- Diller Scofidio + Renfro

2008 Renaissance Boston Waterfront -- Cheryl Rowley Design with The Stubbins Associates, Inc.

2010 One Marina Park Drive -- Fan Pier -- Elkus Manfredi Architects Ltd.

2011 Liberty Wharf -- $60 million – restaurants: Jerry Remy’s, Temazcal, Del Frisco’s, and Legal Harborside

2012 District Hall -- – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.] -- Hacin + Associates

2013 Vertex Pharmaceuticals: — 2-18-story towers -- Fan Pier with 1.1 M sq. ft R&D labs and office

2013 Eleven Fan Pier Boulevard

2014 Waterside Place 2

2015 100 Pier 4

2015 101 Seaport – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2015 Twenty Two Liberty Drive Fan Pier

2016 Aloft Boston Seaport

2016 The Watermark Seaport

2017 VIA – Fan Pier

2017 The Benjamin Seaport Residences – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2017 One Seaport Square -- BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2017 YOTEL Boston

2018 50 Liberty Fan Pier

2018 121 Seaport

2018 Pier 4 Office Building

2019 Echelon Seaport I – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2019 NEMA Boston -– BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2020 Gables Seaport -- BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2020 St. Regis Residences, Boston

2020 Echelon Seaport II – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2020 Echelon Seaport III – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2020 88 Seaport

2020 Two Drydock ≈161 ft 13 high-rise building

2021 10 Fan Pier Boulevard

2021 111 Harbor Way – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.] –Gensler -- Amazon

*1 -- Please - -to you with itchy fingers -- I didn't forget what was along the Fort Point Channel and the Boston Wharf Co and Gillette or even Papas -- I'm limiting my post to discussing what is the Fidelity, Fan Pier, Court House, and McCourt properties which have been developed in the period since 1970

Apologize in advance if there are duplications or errors in the completion dates based on quoted sources [often Emporis]

Czervik -- We are witnessing another Back Bay in progress

Back Bay took about 50 years to go from a mud flat at low tide to mostly built-out

The Seaport*1 was not a mud flat 50 years ago but there was practically nothing except the Piers along the Harbor and the Old DOD stuff from WWII down by the Reserve Channel

Starting with The Court House & Fidelity we've seen steady and even accelerating build-out highlighted by major projects:

1986 World Trade Center Boston -- Massachusetts Port Authority designated Fidelity Investments and The Drew Company to redevelop Commonwealth Pier as the World Trade Center Boston

1998, Fidelity Investments and The Drew Company opened the Seaport Boston Hotel connected to the World Trade Center

1999 John Joseph Moakley United States Courthouse --- cost of $170 million -- Henry N. Cobb and Ian Bader of Pei Cobb Freed & Partners

2002 World Trade Center West -- more Fidelity and The Drew Company

2000 World Trade Center East -- more Fidelity and The Drew Company

2004 Boston Convention & Exhibition Center -- Mass Convention Center Authority - Rafael Viñoly Architects, with The HNTB Companies

2004 Manulife -- John Hancock -- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP -- with Stull and Lee, Inc.

2005 Park Lane Seaport I

2006 Park Lane Seaport II

2006 Westin Boston Waterfront -- Arrowstreet Inc.

2006 ICA -- Diller Scofidio + Renfro

2008 Renaissance Boston Waterfront -- Cheryl Rowley Design with The Stubbins Associates, Inc.

2010 One Marina Park Drive -- Fan Pier -- Elkus Manfredi Architects Ltd.

2011 Liberty Wharf -- $60 million – restaurants: Jerry Remy’s, Temazcal, Del Frisco’s, and Legal Harborside

2012 District Hall -- – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.] -- Hacin + Associates

2013 Vertex Pharmaceuticals: — 2-18-story towers -- Fan Pier with 1.1 M sq. ft R&D labs and office

2013 Eleven Fan Pier Boulevard

2014 Waterside Place 2

2015 100 Pier 4

2015 101 Seaport – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2015 Twenty Two Liberty Drive Fan Pier

2016 Aloft Boston Seaport

2016 The Watermark Seaport

2017 VIA – Fan Pier

2017 The Benjamin Seaport Residences – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2017 One Seaport Square -- BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2017 YOTEL Boston

2018 50 Liberty Fan Pier

2018 121 Seaport

2018 Pier 4 Office Building

2019 Echelon Seaport I – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2019 NEMA Boston -– BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2020 Gables Seaport -- BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2020 St. Regis Residences, Boston

2020 Echelon Seaport II – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2020 Echelon Seaport III – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.]

2020 88 Seaport

2020 Two Drydock ≈161 ft 13 high-rise building

2021 10 Fan Pier Boulevard

2021 111 Harbor Way – BGI*MP [collectively Seaport Sq.] –Gensler -- Amazon

*1 -- Please - -to you with itchy fingers -- I didn't forget what was along the Fort Point Channel and the Boston Wharf Co and Gillette or even Papas -- I'm limiting my post to discussing what is the Fidelity, Fan Pier, Court House, and McCourt properties which have been developed in the period since 1970

Apologize in advance if there are duplications or errors in the completion dates based on quoted sources [often Emporis]

You could add 100 Northern Ave (Goodwin - 2016), Omni (2020/2021?) and maybe even Envoy (2015) to your list.

Summer st was barren just a year ago and now its going to have what could possibly be the best new streetwall in the Seaport if it didnt have the gaps in it. Omni plus parcel N and P are wonderful additions.

Summer st was barren just a year ago and now its going to have what could possibly be the best new streetwall in the Seaport if it didnt have the gaps in it. Omni plus parcel N and P are wonderful additions.

What gaps? The space inbetween both parcels here?

I'm more excited for this project than Winthrop Square or the Pinnacle. While I really like the design, it's the visual and neighborhood connections this project will create that gets me going.

What gaps? The space inbetween both parcels here?

In front of the bcec.

Another thing that will be nice is that with these 2 parcels and Amazon going up there wont really be the vast parking lots here anymore it will look more like theres just a couple lots left in between developments vs the vast concrete nothingness of before.

Unfortunately, there's vast USPS and BCEC lots on the other side. Plus all the parking lots between Omni and Marina Wharf.
Still a lot to do...

Back