Seaport Sq. Block N | 350 Summer Street | Seaport

Unfortunately, there's vast USPS and BCEC lots on the other side. Plus all the parking lots between Omni and Marina Wharf.
Still a lot to do...
This will finally encase the huge Seaport Square central lot, which is a big deal. But agreed, despite a decade of development there's still plenty of lots to go, which seems like a good thing.

Yea I meant there wont be such vast lots right in Seaport Square anymore, the rest of the Seaport still actually has tonsss of room to go.

I actually want Seaport sq to fill in pretty quick so that way they have no choice but to start moving development inland which will bring it closer to connecting to the rest of Southie.

Yea I meant there wont be such vast lots right in Seaport Square anymore, the rest of the Seaport still actually has tonsss of room to go.

I actually want Seaport sq to fill in pretty quick so that way they have no choice but to start moving development inland which will bring it closer to connecting to the rest of Southie.
Are you satisfied with the pace of development ?

When the current crop of buildings already underway is finished even if nothing else happens for a decade -- there will be a strong Nucleus for the future in the Seaport [Fan Pier and Seaport Sq] and a few excursions further such as near GE - Gillette, D and Summer near the BCEC, and at the edges of the Ray Flynn Marine Industrial Park

The current pace of development is quite reminiscent of Kendall and the related area but the Seaport's development is delayed from Kendall's by a couple of decades -- allowing of course for the changes in building finishes, forms and architectural style

40E7AADF-B9C4-45DA-8E59-81A85896CE56.jpeg

Attachments

• DB0323C9-0180-47D1-81AF-9505D4708C27.jpeg
    DB0323C9-0180-47D1-81AF-9505D4708C27.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 188
Lots of activity at the site. I believe they are building the foundations and u/g parking for both 350 and 400 summer st at the same time. Think both buildings will have entrances on both congress (low) and summer (high) streets.

The amazon building is starting to rise, it seems most if not all of the digging is done. The building has a large foot print but the site has plenty of room for the other projects planned for the site. I guess they will build more parking when new foundations are built.

HelloBostonHi --- Good pix

Anybody want to watch a slurry wall being done -- this project should be ideal
Should be able to stand on Summer St. and look down into the middle of the project with a nice vantage point and unusual view angle

Perusing the buildings that have resumed construction recently really reads to me as a comment on the pockets behind each development project. I'm glad to see these buildings at the forefront of that movement given their essential contribution in turning the Seaport into a more cohesive neighborhood.

Back