Second & Vine | Everett

Equilibria

Reaction score
Another one in this area of Everett. The other are clustered on Vale, while this one is a few blocks away.

FWIW, what a bonkers neighborhood this is. It's a warehouse district with single family homes just scattered through, one or two per block. Someday I'll look up how that happened.

1602528440019.png

1602528464624.png

1602528503411.png

I love the honesty and boldness of their plan. Way ahead of any other town I have seen in terms of allowing, even encouraging contextual and in many places largescale developments.

15-minute (.75 miles) walk to the Chelsea commuter rail stop here, I see... but also just 1.5 miles to Wellington, so realistically I perceive this as another feeder for Orange Line commuters. I wonder how Wellington's parking capacity will fare once we emerge from COVID times, with projects like this and others...

Tons of development happening in everett/chelsea. Hopefully this area can soak up a large chunk of working class and affordable housing, that is in such high demand in the boston area.

Two and a bit years later, and it's finally happening!!

Just drove by the other day and saw the beginnings of a demo, a quick search yielded this post:

1707977800760.png

Seems like it's switched or combined projects from Block Properties LLC to Hanover Company. A 340 unit residential block.

Latest pic:
1707978961511.png

Two and a bit years later, and it's finally happening!!

Just drove by the other day and saw the beginnings of a demo, a quick search yielded this post:

View attachment 47638

Seems like it's switched or combined projects from Block Properties LLC to Hanover Company. A 340 unit residential block.

Latest pic:
View attachment 47639
I like that there's actually depth, and not just different facade colors pretending to be depth. With the amount of residences now in this neighborhood the retail hopefully will fill up quickly.

Back