Skyline & Aerial photos | Portland

There is some weird Photo editing going on with these aerials. At least three of Portland's taller buildings have been doctored to add more floors on the top. Probably a good idea to not use these.

There is some weird Photo editing going on with these aerials. At least three of Portland's taller buildings have been doctored to add more floors on the top. Probably a good idea to not use these.
Great observation! It's most obvious on One Monument Square where there are windows where the signage is IRL, and also the top of the Commerce Building.

Great observation! It's most obvious on One Monument Square where there are windows where the signage is IRL, and also the top of the Commerce Building.

If you look real closely I think it's exclusively to cover up the corporate signage. The buildings aren't stretched or anything like that, but between 1-2 floors of extra windows are used to copy over those signs. I'm looking on google maps 3d view and every one of them had a sign and now doesn't.

If you look real closely I think it's exclusively to cover up the corporate signage. The buildings aren't stretched or anything like that, but between 1-2 floors of extra windows are used to copy over those signs. I'm looking on google maps 3d view and every one of them had a sign and now doesn't.
I've seen that before but usually they just lop off the top. I wish they would just use the clone tool. Clone the blank parts, not the windows. Lol.

Guessing those aerials are multiple photos auto-stitched together and the program misaligned the tops of some of those buildings.

Very cool shots though, makes me want to get a drone some day.

414892_325903207474112_2104202209_o.jpg

I like the way the two buildings in the Congress Square Hotel area stand out from one another; that's not readily noticeable from street level. (I'm totally unsure if those two buildings connect internally or not, tbh).

Also, what's all that that's visible in the distance between Maine Med and Back Bay Tower? The new stuff they built on Deer Hill in Westbrook?

Back