Slow?

jass

Reaction score
The board has been really slow in loading for me lately...

Ha! I was just going to find a post where I could ask about this, and whine about it, too. I thought it was my ISP being woggy, or because of all the pics in some posts. However, nothing else I am using was loading that way.

It seems that when more than 20 people are on here at a time--members or not--it slows to a crawl for posting and viewing text, as well as pics. Makes no difference how big (or small) the post you are trying to read is, either.

Yeah, briv talked about this before. Something about how we've grown and need a bigger server or something like that.

We're the graduate student living in his mom's basement, I think.

Well, y'all want to start paying for the extra service needed? Ads? I don't think so.

I think if this site had more of blog setup then ads wouldn't be such a bad idea, but ads on forums just seem to suck.

Well, y'all want to start paying for the extra service needed? Ads? I don't think so.

I think if this site had more of blog setup then ads wouldn't be such a bad idea, but ads on forums just seem to suck.

I dont think anyone would object to a small google banner ad on top.

I wouldn't object to a non-obtrusive ad. Also, I don't know what host you use, but there may be a better one out there for the same price.

Though the speed of the board has not been a problem for me.

Does someone here know what the Internal Server is and why it occasionally spits out errors when I try to load a page?

Ugh... Have there been a large increase in server demand lately? I'm getting more and more server errors.

Ha, just as I was leaving this thread I got an "Internal Server Error." Refreshed and it was fine though (I'm posting this).

Has the site seemed slow to anyone else today? It hasn't crashed yet be it seems to be taking its time fetching pages.

I clicked the "read new posts" button next to a thread and it came up with an error. I forget what kind.

Sometimes it has been rather slow, but nothing too considerable.

Back