Snapshot: Milwaukee

EdMc

Reaction score
Thread Expired

Last edited:
27050303576_5cab33f157_b.jpg
How about one of these for a North Station/South Station connector? Thanks for the tour.

Yeah, thanks for the tour. Milwaukee is one of those cities that I have given almost no thought to, ever. The area around the canal looks really nice. And the statue of the Fonz, spectacular.

I really liked the Riverwalk along the Milwaukee River, I thought it was an uncommon urban attraction. San Antonio's river walk is more well known and I've walked along other riverfronts, but, Milwaukee's felt more urbane because it was closely bordered by buildings and narrow, relatively speaking. I haven't visited San Antonio's which looks to be similar and more colorful. Chicago is due to complete a third and final phase of its expanded Chicago Riverwalk this year, but, the Chicago River is wider with streets bordering the river for stretches. Boston's Esplanade is splendid, although not in the core of downtown, of course.

Cities such as Atlanta may have enjoyable downtowns but lacking a waterfront may put them a notch below in ranking to other cities in my book. Waterfronts attract people. Boston has two waterfronts, as does Milwaukee!

Last edited:
I love visiting our cities, a number of cities have improving downtowns that are seeing an influx of people. I like seeing them succeed and, in the process, they are making downtown more attractive. The overhaul and beautification of Public Square in Cleveland is supposed to be completed in time for the Republican Convention. Los Angeles is looking to upgrade Pershing Square. The park, Campus Martius, has drawn crowds in Detroit. These are projects that are important to me and shows me that these cities are not standing pat.

Last edited:

Back