South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

IMG_7261.jpeg
IMG_7262.jpeg
IMG_7264.jpeg
IMG_7265.jpeg
IMG_7266.jpeg
IMG_7267.jpeg

It's so interesting how they are building the concourse arches. Some are structurally "real", and some are fake. I would have never guessed this.

It's so interesting how they are building the concourse arches. Some are structurally "real", and some are fake. I would have never guessed this.
And even the real ones are being masked by fake ones to give a more soaring/graceful appearance. Definitely one of those cool construction secrets we'll be privileged to know about when the building is complete.

It was halted a second time a little over a week ago after a fire. They are conducting a safety audit. Not sure if work has resumed after that, or when it will if it has not already.

Ah good point, I remember the fire but didn't know work was paused again. This morning the crane was lifting metal/scaffolding from the street level worksite, so there was some activity but not sure if it's back at full swing.

I'm counting about 7-8 floors on the upper half/slender portion of the tower in the photo above. Does anyone know how many more to go?

I'm counting about 7-8 floors on the upper half/slender portion of the tower in the photo above. Does anyone know how many more to go?
I'm guessing the top of the core is about 10 floors now with about 6 more planned plus whatever they have planned for the mechanical extension.

I count 16 floors with 3 mech floors for 19 total though its an equivalent 20 floors due to a double height skylobby. It was pretty hard to count on the regular daytime renders because some of the floors are double height and some have high ceilings, but luckily with the night time render it more clearly shows up.

The first floor after the mech penthouse seems to be a double height skylobby for the residential floors. Then theres 13 regular height residential floors above that up to the last set back. Then the final 2 residential floors appear to be not quite double height, but high ceilings for penthouse floors. Then finally above that you get 3 crown “floors”. So in total you get 16 functional floors with 3 crown floors for 19 total, but 20 “equivalent floors” because the double height sky lobby which uses two regular facade panes.

1713829570743.jpeg

Back