Special Senate Election - Final

Who will you likely vote for January 19?

• Scott Brown(R)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Martha Coakley(D)

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Joseph Kennedy(I)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

kmp1284

Reaction score
With the final election coming up in about a week and a half and the only recent poll showing a closer race than anyone expected, I thought I'd throw the answer out here. Who will you be voting for January 19?

I would vote "none of the above" unless I feel it's really, really close, then I'll pull for the Democrat. Dangerous times call for dangerous measures.

I don't like Martha or Scott and I'm not sure if I want to vote for Joe either. I probably won't vote on the 19th, but if I do I'll go for Joe. We need more than two parties in Mass.

Last edited:
Who thinks Martha and the 'crats took this race for granted and it is biting them in the ass right now?

Can she turn it around or will it be too little too late?

Conspiracy theory: The DNC is floating all the "Oh no, it's a dead heat!" stories to get their base to the polls and show a big win?

Strange election. I wouldn't be shocked to see Brown win, nor would I be shocked to see Coakley win by 15.

Martha will win, but Scott Brown has already won.

He was expected to be a gentleman's loser with 35% of the vote. 40% would be considered nice. The fact that he may well get 45% of the vote is cataclysmic for the Democrats. They are squandering resources that they will need badly in November. And it's making centrist Democrats even more frightened of our unpopular president's unpopular programs.

This just proves that, no matter how "progressive" everyone thinks people in Massachusetts for, they'll vote for the idiot with the smile and the accent who fits in in Southie every time.

As much as I hate them for that, the Democrats forgot Tip O'Neill's maxim, and it's biting them in the ass.

I don't know that the centerfold model fits into Southie all that well.

Actually, this race is looks a little like a re-run of the race that got Brown elected to the State Senate. Flashback: longtime Sen. Cheryl Jacques (D-Moonbat) gets a job and retires. Her aide and moonbat in waiting, Angus McQuilken runs as the bearer of the Jacques "legacy". State Rep. Brown runs a nasty but successful campaign and pink hankies are soiled all across the "progressive" district.

A lot of people I know (I include myself) disliked many of Sen. Kennedy's positions, but continued to vote for him because of the benefits of his seniority and stature, both which were good for the Commonwealth. That, plus he was a genuinely nice guy.

Martha may be trying to claim the Kennedy mantle, but she has none of the attributes that led many of us to vote for Kennedy. That, plus many of us are generally tired of the feeling of being preached at. Many wonder at her unimpressive record in pursuing political corruption. (Our enlightened state is a happy hunting grounds for someone who is serious about catching crooked pols.) A few of us even remember the way that Martha personally railroaded the Amirault family.

Before you write me off as a reactionary, please keep in mind that I would be happy to have that Vermont bumper sticker one of you charmingly wrote about: "Armed But Tolerant". Most of my comrades, cell members, goombata, or whatever you would call us, feel the same way.

I suspect Martha will win, but to paraphrase Lloyd Bentson: "I knew Ted Kennedy, and Ted Kennedy you are not." Same goes for the centerfold model, because if Ted had been the photo subject, it would have been a four page spread. (He'd have laughed at this joke.)

Martha may not be a "genuinely nice guy", but if we're talking character, at least she's no Scott Brown. By that I mean, psychopath.

If the entire King Philip High School fiasco isn't proof enough of that, I can tell you I've been personally cursed and barked at, in a different context, by a man later identified as the maniacal centerfold model himself.

if Ted had been the photo subject, it would have been a four page spread. (He'd have laughed at this joke.)

Hahaha, nice.

I'm going to have to appeal to a party line vote. The Congressional Republican caucus has become beyond obnoxious. I don't care for either Scott or Martha as people, and both of them are running noxious and abusive ads. Whatever - I thought Massachusetts voters were smarter than to care about that. Brown shows every indication of voting against proposals - like health care reform - that Kennedy would have obviously embraced. But if MA wants that because the alternative is a boring woman who wasn't a 100% perfect AG, so be it.

I just had a robocall from the centerfold's daughter, Eva.

Yeah, from what I hear he isn't a nice guy. I'd love to read more about what happened to Blade!

But don't be fooled by moonbat propaganda about Martha's character. In her thirst for higher office, she was happy to imprison the innocent for the sake of appearances.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575003341640657862.html

Dumas could have written this story.

A pox on both houses.

I've gotten robocalls from Obama, Bill Clinton and Curt Shilling.

I think I've taken about 8 calls in total today so far. Thank god we don't live in a swing state. I couldn't take this during a national election cycle.

I just saw my favorite ad yet. Apparently "turtle tunnels in Florida" are part of the "radical Obama agenda".

Damned Commie turtles.

It has been a while since I've read it but I seem to remember turtle tunnels figuring prominently in Das Kapital.

I have received about 20 (no lie) robocalls including bill clinton, ayla and eva brown, guilliani and obama.

Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

Back