Spring Street

P

Patrick

So, Corey brought up the important point of fixing Spring Street due to the upcoming discussion of the PSA around precisely that topic. What do people think you be done with it? I suppose it was only a matter of time from the Franklin study to this idea, and hopefully the City takes some of the design issues into consideration. When I did a district action plan for Gorham's Corner a year or so ago for my planning degree, I cited Spring Street as a primary barrier to that section of town's proper integration with the rest of the city. It really is quite analogous to Franklin (wide open parking areas meet with a wall like effect of a pedestrian unfriendly way that prevents a whole neighborhood from truly joining the urban core). If you mention some ideas I might try to work them into a pen and ink rendering of what I think the street could look like (which I may bring to the PSA meeting if I attend).

For anyone interested, my ideas for Gorham's Corner, and the discussion related to it of Spring Street, can be found here: http://mainelyurban.blogspot.com/2010/12/restoring-urban-form-to-gorhams-corner.html

Back