Sumner Tunnel to be Given Shortened Full Summer Closure for Repairs.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
The Summer will close this summer from July 5 through August 31 for much needed repair work. Almost like what the MBTA did for the Orange Line last summer. Work will start for the ceiling this weekend. East Boston residents are a little worried about the noise that it may cause. :)

It's getting around!

The Blue Line sees an increase in transit travel since the Sumner Tunnel has begun repairs.

The Blue Line sees an increase in transit travel since the Sumner Tunnel has begun repairs.

Media always cries apocalypse when there's a highway closure, but it rarely happens.

Let's just get rid of urban highways and use the tunnels for transit!

Media always cries apocalypse when there's a highway closure, but it rarely happens.

Let's just get rid of urban highways and use the tunnels for transit!
If you can make that work, then slide into my DM’s. I’d love to see your proposal as to how we would ban all cars within I-495. I’m studying public policy at UMASS Lowell.

From Reddit couple days ago Reddit
Untitled.png

Can you include headlines, or a description of the articles?

They keep coming up that way when I try to get links from Microsoft Edge or Bing. Maybe I'll just wait to get it from Comm Mag. :unsure:

They keep coming up that way when I try to get links from Microsoft Edge or Bing. Maybe I'll just wait to get it from Comm Mag. :unsure:
But you can put a headline in yourself, as I have done in this quote from one of your link posts:

How work is progressing in the Sumner Tunnel
That's the headline in the linked article, it takes 2 seconds to add that along with the link, then people will at least have some small idea of what they are clicking on. If you want to spend another 2 seconds, you can quote the first paragraph of the article, to go along with the headline.

Boston's Sumner Tunnel has been closed for three weeks now with crews moving to make repairs so it'll reopen before Labor Day.

The project's not even halfway done, but the work is apparently going well with very few surprises.

But you can put a headline in yourself, as I have done in this quote from one of your link posts:

That's the headline in the linked article, it takes 2 seconds to add that along with the link, then people will at least have some small idea of what they are clicking on. If you want to spend another 2 seconds, you can quote the first paragraph of the article, to go along with the headline.

Yeah, seems that the ramp pictured above is being used as a temporary storage point for those curves for the tunnel. Or other stuff that might be needed for the rehab work. :)

Back