The ArchBoston Shopping Guide

statler

Reaction score
Post products and properties that would appeal to your fellow archBostonian.

Generally things that are related to art, design & architecture. Price not an issue but they must actually be available for sale, so no museum pieces, etc. The more unique/obscure the better, but if you find something cool at Wal-Mart.com feel free to post it.

To start:

Typographic Black World Map

Last edited:
ArchDaily Architect’s Holiday Gift Guide 2012

1355250728-2012-gift-guide.jpg

http://www.archdaily.com/305043/the...-guide/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I would think anything from this site would be appreciated

^ I have Fallingwater, Rockefeller Center, and the Farnsworth House. LEGO Architecture is an addiction. Once you start, you can't stop.

(I also have the official LEGO Statue of Liberty from 2003 that stands over 3' feet tall and has 3,000 exclusive copper green bricks. I built it while I was recovering after getting my tonsils out.)

I think I would enjoy Lego Architecture more if the models were *slightly* larger and more detailed.

Also, that modernist bird feeder/fish bowl: NEED.

It's Lego. Buy a bunch of kits and go nuts. You are only limited by your imagination, skill and brick availability.

I think I would enjoy Lego Architecture more if the models were *slightly* larger and more detailed.

Also, that modernist bird feeder/fish bowl: NEED.

Part of the beauty of the Architecture series is that they are distilled down into the essential elements of the buildings' designs, so they are shrunken, but still iconic and instantly recognizable. Real architects develop these LEGO models over a series of rejected prototypes.

^ Not too impressed with that Lautner. It feels, I dunno...suburban?

Back