Toronto 2/17/08

Cojapo

Reaction score
Took a road trip to Niagara Falls and I had to go to Toronto.
Here are a few pics. Enjoy!
NiagaraFalls065.jpg

NiagaraFalls070.jpg

NiagaraFalls131.jpg

NiagaraFalls130.jpg

NiagaraFalls115.jpg

NiagaraFalls084.jpg

NiagaraFalls089.jpg
NiagaraFalls115.jpg

It's ws interesting up there. For a solid 50 miles, from Hamilton, which has about 500,000 to Toronto, which has 2.5 mil, you see mid to highrise buildings every where. The traffic was horendous. Took over two hours, on a Friday at 4:00pm, to go that distance. That's bumper to bumper, stop and go, traffic from Boston to Newburyport. And they say it is like that most days. Ridiculous!
Van, that pic...the guide up there told some kids "You can jump on it. It is safe." So as I took that pic, about 5 kids started jumping on the glass. I almost sharded. The most uncomfortable feeling I have had in my life. 1,400 feet of air and the only thing keeping me there was about 4" of glass!

For a solid 50 miles, from Hamilton, which has about 500,000 to Toronto, which has 2.5 mil, you see mid to highrise buildings every where

Ah, the Golden Horseshoe. A plurality of Canada lives in this zone. Mississauga's skyline alone is impressive, for a suburb. With 700,000 people, it's larger than Boston:

Missi.jpg

mississauga.jpg

Mississauga-City-Centre.jpg

Under construction there:

tormain.jpg

This is also one of the most diverse cities in Canada - 11% South Asian, 10% Afro-Canadian, 7% Muslim, 45% English not a first language.

Ha!!! Does anyone ever NOT take a photo of their feet??? I have two of 'em.

(Photos, I mean.)

(Oh, and feet, too, I guess.)

(Too and two ...)

Back