Verdante Condos | 56 Hampshire Street | Portland

Max

Reaction score
Six story, 31-unit condo development at 56 Hampshire Street. Construction started summer 2019, expected completion fall 2020.

congress-view5.jpg
hampshire-view.jpg

From my front door. Steel and stairwells topped out as of this week.

IMG_20191228_140330112.jpg

It looks like the 3-story side fronting Hampshire Street still needs to be constructed, right?

The other thing that's surprising me as this goes up is it's not getting as close to Congress Street as it appears to in the above rendering, which makes it appear almost contiguous with back of the squat white brick building. It will be interesting to see how the corner park gets worked into the development too.

It looks like the 3-story side fronting Hampshire Street still needs to be constructed, right?

The other thing that's surprising me as this goes up is it's not getting as close to Congress Street as it appears to in the above rendering, which makes it appear almost contiguous with back of the squat white brick building. It will be interesting to see how the corner park gets worked into the development too.

right, the 3-story segment has yet to be built, and it will be flush with the corner of Federal and Hampshire.

Personally, I can't imagine anyone paying a premium for a brand new condo with a view of nothing but the Co-Op dumpsters. As someone who lives on that corner...it seriously needs some good placemaking and beautification.

Steel cladding and insulation is complete

IMG_20200328_124924831.jpg

Last edited:
That building looks really good. Love the natural colors and the punch outs add depth and interest. I'd say that residential design is a win.

It will be interesting to see whether they can get any retail into that spot. It's literally across the street from the food co-op and yet it feels like a mile off the beaten path.

I don't understand what the plan is for the pocket park at the corner of Franklin and Congress. I was under the impression from the renderings that it was going to go all the way to Congress and be a public amenity. As it is it's strangely cut off by a chain link fence and the grass is growing wild around a couple of Little Woodfords' picnic tables. Does the property not go all the way to Congress? If there are no further improvements planned for the corner it will be very disappointing.

Back