Volpe Parcel C1 | 25 Broadway | Kendall Square | Cambridge

One surprising comment here was that MITIMCO needs to "wait until we finalize our purchase with the Federal Government" to begin any work on-site. They didn't finalize that before they built the New Volpe?

Estimate was "some work" within a year.

As of 1/29/24, BldUp is now reporting that MIT has closed on the property sale from the GSA (which as I understand had to wait until the gov took occupancy of the new building)

On a separate note, BldUp posted a pretty cool view of the ground level/facade detailing of the proposed building C1 within that announcement:
mit_volpe.png

Exciting project. I work in One Broadway, the dreary concrete rectangle right across from this site, so I should be able to post some photos from above once it gets going.

I do hope they manage to preserve the existing beautiful mature trees lining Third, Broadway, and Loughry Bikeway as they get to work.

The current state of the southern strip of the site, looking west-northwest from my office in One Broadway (the funny white shape in the bottom-right of the map).

Roughly speaking: the parking lot will become 3rd St Park and part of C1, the low-rise will be split by the extension of 5th St into parts of C1 and C2, and the high-rise will be split by Broad Canal Way into C2 and R2.

PXL_20240208_213731059.jpg

1707883580143.png

Saw that but didn't snap a pic. On the big grass area there are a ton of surveyor stakes, and they were doing core drillings in March/April. Curious when the old DOT will come down...

Back