Water Transportation in and around Boston

That is nowhere near as nice as the temporary ferry that had running during the blue line closure... Can't imagine you'll fit too many bikes on that thing
Yeah, doesn't look like it would be very accommodating to bikes, unfortunately. The other issue is schedule frequency. I was going to use the service on Wednesday, but left my house just late enough, that I wasn't sure I'd make it to Long Wharf in time. With half hour frequencies, I was therefore better off riding the extra four miles of land route, rather than waiting for the next ferry.

20220917_181052.jpg

Boat I rode this afternoon was larger, interestingly zero fare collection though.

Isn't that one of the vessels they frequently use for the F4?

We had some friends (attempt to) take it yesterday. They're collecting fares now. You can buy a one-way or round trip in the mTicket app (no cash or paper tickets accepted). You can also use the monthly linkpass, but only the paper ticket version that's good for Commuter Rail Zone 1a too. This is what hung our friends up - they have passes on Charlie Cards which the operator didn't accept. Rather than buy ferry tickets, they just walked over to Maverick and took the Blue Line. This is definitely one of those obnoxious quirks of the T's fare collection system which hopefully will be fixed soon.

Back