What is there to do in Boston for no money?

MonopolyBag

Reaction score
I am bored, what is there to do in Boston for free. Up for new things. Wouldn't mind spending money on the T or anything else small. But what is there to do for no money in Boston?

I would like to go there tonight (Saturday.)

And I am familiar with the city, so don't give me things to do as a tourist as I probably have done them (like see things and landmarks.)

Thanks
MonopolyBag is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

And I am familiar with the city, so don't give me things to do as a tourist as I probably have done them (like see things and landmarks.)

Thanks

Walking.

Just about any route you can spontaneously do is amazing, but especially the ones with awesome open views of views of the skyline and such.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything you could do tonight specifically. I'm going to guess you're no longer looking for something to do though.

You missed the tree lighting earlier! Can still go check out the tree though.

Go explore Jamaica Pond and the Emerald Necklace.

Wednesday nights are free at the MFA after either 4 or 4:30pm.

ICA is free every Thursday after 5 (Target Free Thursdays).

For future reference:

As stated above, free museum on Wed (MFA) and Thurs (ICA)

Free skating at most DCR rinks (rental fee if you dont have your own, $4 or $5)

Walk everywhere.

Take a bike ride. Last time I checked the first half hour is free? And I also check out the BAC often when I am in the area--sometimes there are really cool student exhibits in there. Otherwise, just being in Boston is doing something. Walk around and people watch.

Take a bike ride. Last time I checked the first half hour is free?

Hubway is closing down over the next week, so unless you're going to take that ride very soon, you'll need to wait until the spring.

ICA is free every Thursday after 5 (Target Free Thursdays).

They do that here too? The Walker Art Center up in Minneapolis does the same deal, but I figured it was limited to MPLS, seeing as Target basically sponsors every cultural event in the damn city.

Hubway is not "free" free. If you don't have an annual membership (which was discounted $60 for much of this year) it's a pay as you go system. When you walk up to the rack of bikes, you slide in your credit card. A $100 hold is charged against your account. Then, it costs $5 for the next 24 hours of usage. If you take the bike out for less than 30 minutes, no other cost is charged. You can then take out another bike (at any location) for another less than 30 minutes period, etc., etc. rinse and repeat.

If you use a debit card, beware; they warn you that the $100 hold may take up to a week to be removed, meaning you may not have access to that money for 7 days.

Back