Who just felt the Earth shake?

I did. Third floor of 1929 brick apartment building in Davis Square.

Yup, 8th floor, downtown. Watched the 4ft square support columns sway like palm trees in a gentle breeze. Fun times.

5.8 earthquake out of central Virginia.

The USGS upped it to 5.9.

I was in the Gov't Center T station when the shock hit Boston. It was pretty surreal.

The Facebook whoring is really getting annoying though. It didn't even happen in Boston. People need to get over it.

---
BREAKING: 111 Devonshire reportedly HAS damage.

Uh, was standing in line at a bank in Coolidge Corner and didn't notice a thing.

111 Devonshire has been given the all-clear. Building is safe. Apparently it has been crooked for decades.

Can't wait to hear some reports of people riding the T at the time. That must have been scary/surreal.

I'm also surprised that I'm not hearing about any major delay.

An inch of fucking rain grinds the system to a halt, but an earthquake? No problem!

Can't wait to hear some reports of people riding the T at the time. That must have been scary/surreal.

I'm also surprised that I'm not hearing about any major delay.

An inch of fucking rain grinds the system to a halt, but an earthquake? No problem!

WHDH was interviewing people that were on the T and they said they didn't even notice because the T shakes so violently anyways.

In Gov't Center we all just kind of looked at each other like ummm, ok...

My house shakes at the cars going...never even noticed anything out of the ordinary, just felt like any other minute of the day.

My niece claims she fell down because of the vibrations, but she loves to exagerate :)

Im on the 20-something floor of the Pru. This is a building that sways noticeably in high wind. Now I can say I know it shakes in a quake.

I recently read that the East Coast was actually well overdue for a Big One, according to their shaky (ugh) estimates of these things.

Im on the 20-something floor of the Pru. This is a building that sways noticeably in high wind. Now I can say I know it shakes in a quake.

Did they sound any of the emergency tones in the Pru?

No, but the facilities team in my office started running around like crazy.

Something gave off an awful crack in my townhouse during the quake and I've spent the entire time since trying to figure out where the heck it occurred.

Didn't feel a thing as I bought my tickets for Rise of the Apes at Revere Cinema. lol

But thing is probably built on marsh fill, so maybe not so easy to feel anything...

Back